Torchlight - Diablo type hack and slash. Anyone try it?

Avengeance

Gawd
Anyone try out torchlight yet?

This game is great! Thats if you like the Diablo type hack and slash game. Reminds me a lot of diablo but it has the world of warcraft type graphics. Give it a shot! I actually really like it.

For those who have tried it, what do you think?

http://www.torchlightgame.com/

I

Yup, I bought it. Nice game for $20. I actually like it better than Titan Quest. I love the firearms!!!!!

I installed this last night but was too busy doing co-op in Borderlands :D. I will hopefully jump into it tonight.

Tried the demo and decided to buy it after 20 mins or so. Well worth the 20

I haven't played very much yet, but so far it seems that the while random are kinda linear, thou this may be just because I'm not that far in.

Can anyone comment, do the levels start branching more later on?

Im going to check this out now. Ive been inching for some Diablo and was about to reinstall to play but this might be a better option.

I picked this up yesterday but haven't had a chance to try it. Like others on here, playing Borderlands has taken precedence. :D

They completed it that time, sure, but the game engine randomizes the levels/maps/actions/events/consequences so, it's never ever going to be the same game twice like D/D2 and others in a similar vein are. I grabbed this for the Wife earlier because she's a diehard D/D2 fan chomping at the bit for D3 to come out, this should tide her over for a while till that one comes out.

Besides, I gotta build her a brand new boxen at some point to handle D3 when it's available - Torchlight runs great on my Hackintosh quad running VMWare Fusion 3 (host OS is Leopard 10.5.8) with Windows 7 x86 as the guest OS, with all the 3D effects working great).

Very cool little game for her, but as for me I'm just not a gamer...

Not to mention the Mod community for this game is growing by the minute. The sheer number of posts at their forum has absolutely skyrocketed since this was released yesterday, and it'll be popular for some time I think.

They are also plannin an MMO mode. Not sure exactly of all the details but it sounds like it could be good.

Why do we need 2 threads on this game ? theres already a pretty lengthy one in the PC games section where PC games belong ..... :p

Back