Toshiba M115-S3094 1.6GHz Core Duo 14" Laptop $599 @ CircuitCity & Bestbuy on Oct 1s

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
CircuitCity and Bestbuy will have the Toshiba Satellite M115-S3094 1.6GHz Core Duo 14.1" Widescreen Notebook PC for $599 on Oct 1st. You can buy now and get credited back the difference on Oct 1st.

Intel Core Duo Processor T2050
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
512 MB DDR2 RAM Memory
80 GB HD
Reads & Writes DVDs & CDs
14” TruBrite widescreen

pretty spiffy...too bad all CC's coupons almost always exclude notebooks...still, I'll be stopping by my local CC/BB on Monday...thanks, Anna

Wow. I'd say that's a pretty hot deal. And it's in stock locally. Hmmm.........

MUST RESIST!

Just because I'm cautious, where are you getting the info about this upcoming sale?

I dont see it at all on BB's site...maybe that means they will definitely have them on the 1st?

Dunno. It's available now at my CC for $749 with free printer. I guess I could always buy it and keep it unopened until the first.

MUST RESIST!

After they posted it that they had it on the website. I went there and they told me they put one on hold and other one is in process of purchasing. So, the sales person told me to go to customer service. Customer service said they dont put it on hold. So that ticked me off. I left the store.

I got a hold of the laptop. Still haven't opened it. Are you guys sure this laptop will be 599.99 on sunday?

Annaconda, do you happen to know if this includes a mail in rebate or is it an instant thing?

maademperor said:
Annaconda, do you happen to know if this includes a mail in rebate or is it an instant thing?

I am wondering the same thing :D

:)

Best Buy = $749.99 - ($150 instant savings) = $599.99

Circuit City = $749.99 - ($150 mail-in rebate) = $599.99
Also a free Lexmark X2470 printer & Internet Security Software (AR) w Circuit City (optional)

up on best buy website now for purchase.

you guys think black friday will have an even better deal? the only thing killing me
is the intel integrated graphics :(

yes, that would be daunting if you have a need for more powerful gfx...I dont, so this is perfect. Thanks again Anna!

Off to return my CC laptop and wait for the BB laptop...

has anyone price matched the BB price at circuitcity? They should take off 10% of the $150 difference which his $15 and get the rebate on top of that. That would be a sweet deal.

I think they only PM for items that are available in store...BB website was saying only available on-line.

BB had the deal in store too (I stopped by to check), but they didn't have the item in stock. Per CC policy they should PM the advertised price 110%, but refused to do so with argument: it's too big discount.
I didn't want to spend too much time on it, so just took MR.
But it sure looks like CC doesn't stand behind their policy and next time I'll look somewhere else before buying from them.

Since circuit city had it for 750 and 150 mir. I asked them to pricematch and they said they couldn't do it, because they said it was cheaper in CC. I started to argue with them and I just left, I didn't want to deal with their cr*p. I just went to best buy to buy it. I got one :) Thank you guys for this deal :D

By the way, I bought the same laptop at circuit city on thursday. It was from another store. So I went to another store to return the laptop. He asked me, why I didn't return at the other store. I told them that I didnt have laptop with me. He tells me i should return it at the other store. He tells me if you return it here, it will be longer process and will take a long time to get my money back. He says that if I go to store where I bought from, it will be instantly credited back. I said, its okay, ill wait 3 days. It took them 20 seconds to do return. Man, this is last time I ever shop at CC. Bunch of idiots who shouldn't be working there.

I picked up this little machine on sunday at my local BB, they had them in stock for $599. They claimed there were (2) 256mb SODIMMS inside, this proved to be untrue. (there was 1 512mb in it)

I have to say this is a really nice little baby Core Duo machine. For the price I'm pretty impressed. I admit this is my first machine with Core archetecture, but even the baby chip in this laptop seems to run Vmware Player and WoW at the same time without drama.

I took out the generic memory it came with and gave it 1gb of corsair, I wonder if I could overclock this thing at all with software like Clockgen? Anyone have any experiences?

just picked this one up online at bby.com for the wife

went to the store yesterday and they didnt have any. checked online and they were sold out....just checked again and it was back in stock...yay! :cool:

i was able to pick this up at best buy. I went to CC first to try to PM and they wouldnt do it saying they would lose money which was a bunch of shit.

These retailers are getting smarter, because people like us are starting to work for them. So they know how to track the forums, but there are still store who don;t give a S^%T either they lose money or not.

But we have to keep tryin.

Back