Total Failure to Power Up

KingThot

Gawd
Not talking about a failure to post. Just a total failure to even turn on. Fans momentarily fan, I'm talking half a second and then nada. And if I press power again absolutely nothing. The fans only spin when the PSU has been powered down for a bit and then turned back on.

Have you tried the paperclip trick where you jumpstart the unit by taking the two ends of the clip, and touch the black and green wires together on the big ATX connector? You insert the clip into the actual pin hole.

Unplug everything from your pc comming out of the psu, and try it. If that dosent work, then its totally dead, or dieing. If it works, try a new psu for your computer. That one cant handle your system, and is insufficient most likely.

What brand unit you got there, and what is the a(amps) on the 12v rail?

I have a quality PSU actually, Silverstone Strider 600W. I'll try my modstream manana and see if it takes care of the problem.

I invested in a powersupply tester......little box with LED's that read green if it is good ...and don't if it is bad...and a red one lights if it is dangerous....TX micro has 'em for $8.88

silverstone is not what i will consider good. i have 2 good psu in my list:

1. seasonic
2. pc power and cooling

Just RMA it, its not like they are bad quality, just maybe not 100% up to PCP&C, but defiently not bad. Actually pretty good.

Just may have been defective.

Back