Total newb here..pls take pity and help me out

Dvspimp

n00b
Hello everyone,
I am new to the ocing and modding and would like some input since it seems my mobo i bought does not have any of the options to oc stuff. I read the sticky guide on ocing prc/ram/fsb etc. I think i understood it but here is all im confused on..

My Motherboard = Gigabyte 81915p Duo pro A. It supports ddr2 ram and pci-e.
I have 1gb of ddr2 ram Kingston value 4200 i believe.
Intel p4 3.4 mhz 800fsb
BFG 6800 GT oc 256mb

Ok on my Mobo (which i read is good for ocing) I have only weird options. To help those who dont have this mobo ill name them all. This will be long so bare with me pls:)

Mobo----This would be the section i believe is for ocing lol.
MB= Intelligent Tweaker (m.i.t)
CPU Clock Ratio- seems locked and unchanged.
C.I.A.2 (cpu intelligent acelerator 2) Is designed to detect cpu loading during software program executing. and automatically adjusts cpu computing power to maximise performance. There are 6 options here.. i believe this is how i oc the proc but when i tryed changing this i noticed nothing and also the monitor wouldnt turn on.. here are the options:
1) Disabled-dafault value
2)Cruise increase cpu frequency 3%/5%/7% by cpu loading.
3) sports increase by 5/7/9
4)racing increase by 7/9/11
5) turbo increase by 13/15/17/19
6) full thrust increase by 15/17/19

Next option in Bios is
Cpu Host Clock Control
Disabled by default..cant seem to enable it either even though mobo manual says u can.

Cpu Host Frequency (mhz) This is will be available when cpu host clock control is enabled..
Set cpu host clock from 100mhz to 355mhz
Memory freq for: fsb= 533mhz..shouldnt this be 800?
3.0 mem freq=host clock x 3.0
4.0 mem freq=host clock x 4.0
auto set memory freq by dram spd data (default)

DiMM Overvoltage Control
Normal=Set Dimm overvoltage normal (default)
+o.1v
+02v
+0.3v
Cpu Voltage control
Supports adjustable cpu vcore from 0.8375v to 1.6000v (Default value normal)

This is nothing like the guide says. or im stupid one of the two. But i am really hoping someone could help me out and also maybe tell me starters to trying to oc my proc/fsb.
I dont wanna blow anything up or ruin anything cause my wife would kill me! lol
Also i just built this system about 2 weeks ago. just for heads up.
I really do appreciate anyone taking time out of theirs to help a rookie.

Set cpu host clock from 100mhz to 355mhz

This is your MB FSB, should be sitting at 200, and is your most obvious target for OC.

Memory freq for: fsb= 533mhz..shouldnt this be 800?
This translates into dual channel 266 MHz, or a memory:CPU ratio of 4:3. Usually you'll have more trouble overclocking your ram then your cpu, so you might set this to a 1:1 ratio while ramping up the FSB for the whole system.

But then, with a brand new nice system like that I'd be way to scared to fry something :p

So what should i try setting fsb at to try ? Or maybe i shouldnt mess with nothing? Im asking cause the bios settings confuse me compared to what i read on the guide in the sticky section.

Update....
I oced my proc from 3.4ghz to 3.93ghz and its stable.. loaded up and temp is like 95F just surfing the net etc. It seemed that everytime i raised the proc the bios auto updated the other things needed to achieve that speed. Is this possible? Or am i doing something wrong.
I ran Sandra Software and it did some benchmarks that were really quite nice. I think im ok? Anything i might wanna check? or do? Thanks!

You're best off runnign abunch of Prime95 tests and also watching your temps during these tests. Web browsing temps aren't very importnat.

Back