Total noOb question but

BJH088

Gawd
can you somehow overclock resolutions of a video card? For example I have my pc hooked up to a 27" lcd Hdtv which has a native resolution of 1366x768p but my video cards highest resolution only goes to 1024x768! I dont even know if its a card its whatever came with the pc attached to the motherboard not nessciarly a pci card.

edit: Im using vga by the way.

Its rare that resolution is ever limited by video card, you'd probably have to be running a really old on board or intergrated graphics card before that was a problem.

If you are it might be worth getting a cheap $10 video card.

can you somehow overclock resolutions of a video card? For example I have my pc hooked up to a 27" lcd Hdtv which has a native resolution of 1366x768p but my video cards highest resolution only goes to 1024x768! I dont even know if its a card its whatever came with the pc attached to the motherboard not nessciarly a pci card.

edit: Im using vga by the way.

Its your videocard. That high of a resolution requires whats called Dual Dvi. Its not acutally 2 dvi slots, but a different plug on the videocard.

lol @ overclocking a resolution. A resolution is not a speed.. and therefore doesn't have a "clock". lmao

lol ya man sounds like you kinda have a decent TV, now its time to upgrade your other hardware.

Your card is probably too old to support non-standard resolutions. Try downloading powerstrip and set a custom resolution. If that doesn't work its time to upgrade.

The title of this post does not lie! I opened up Powershot & it says max resolution on my video card is acctually 1480 x 832 60 Hz. which is higher than I need so im good to go their. But how do I set a custom resolution to 1366x768 cause when I go to set resolution it jumps from 1280x1024 to 1600x900 and their is no option for 1366x768!

Under Display Panel settings click Advanced and then goto ADAPTER...

Under adapter there should be a LIST ALL MODES BOX..

Click it and see if you can force the Res you want .

Thats all i can think of at this time with out you buying a better card...

Also make shure your Monitor driver is installed too....

Ok i just realized does he even have a DVI port on his card!!!!!!!!! Not VGA to DVI but a DVI port ... SINGLE AND DUAL USE the (same Connector) by the way its just more wires for dual transfer....

I thought he was stating that the monitor and card are working just not at his res ...
which would mean he 's using a DVI-1 connector whis is the same as DVI-2 or Dual DVI.....

the last option would be that he used an adapter to connect the dvi cable to VGA adapter and then to His vidcard which does not support that res thru a vga adapter Hmmm...

In short He has it hooked up and is asking why he cant get the Res hes asking about! So he needs tell us if hes using the Dvi cable or the Vga then we can answer his Q propperly Ehhhh..

no I dont have any DVI connection on pc or my tv only VGA!

edit: oh crap I just read my tv's guide and it says the max resolution threw pc vga is 1024x768! Which is weird because I can set my xbox 360 when connected to the same vga port to 1360x768!

Wow ok so how we get on this Dvi thing lol...

well in other words you just want to get that resolution .....

Did that Tv come with a CD:D to load driver for that Res support on a Pc ?

I mean i wouldnt know cuz ive never ran a Pc able Tv before!

well you can try the sugestion i posted on line #9 i believe it is...See if it shows up..all i can think ....You may need a new Card to support that Res at worst..

LOL pays to read eH ....so is it fixed ????

Its your videocard. That high of a resolution requires whats called Dual Dvi. Its not acutally 2 dvi slots, but a different plug on the videocard.

Single link DVI works just fine for up to at least 1920x1080@60Hz so I don't know where your coming from on that one.

BJH088, we really need to know what kind of card you have. If it is an integrated one in a laptop or a very old one it may not support custom resolutions. So get the latest drivers and plug in the tv only. Whether it has a VGA or DVI doesn't matter, both should work.

Never mind my above post about saying you need dual-link DVI, you don't. VGA will work just fine at that resolution. If your current graphics card can't handle that specific resolution, it might not have enough memory for it, due to it being custom.

What slots do you have in your computer, such as PCI, AGP, PCI-E, etc.?

We don't want you to have to buy a new card if possible.

How much memory does your card have, even if it is shared having about 32 to 64MB should be enough, but if your video memory is only 1 to 8MB, then I could understand the resolution restriction (for that particular resolution).

If your 360 will send 1366x768 to your TV then you should try forcing that res from your PC. Set it to show all resolutions, or else use powerstrip to force it.

Back