Trading issue with stupidfool

I made a deal with stupidfool on 12-13-06. He was selling 1gb sticks of Samsung notebook memory here. Alex advertised the memory as being made by Samsung, and while he sold it as untested and As-Is, he also advertised that it had a lifetime warranty from Samsung so it could be returned to them if there were any problems.

I was interested due to the extremely low price and didn't have a problem dealing with Samsung if there were problems with any/all of the sticks. I bought 10 sticks for a total of $200. It showed up just before Christmas. I tested the sticks - dead. This was not a big deal until I found out that the sticks were not actually manufactured by Samsung (others found this, it is in the pages of the FS thread I linked above). This meant that they had no warranty, and were completely useless.

I contacted Alex on 12-26 and told him that I want a refund because he did not ship me what he had advertised. I bought 10gb of Samsung memory that was covered by a lifetime warranty. He shipped 10gb of unwarranteed memory of unknown manufacturer. Alex told me he would refund me my original purchase price - the shipping he paid. I told him that I wouldn't settle for less than my purchase price + shipping back to him. I was already out money from listing the sticks on ebay and having to close the auctions because I do not want to rip people off with faulty/fake memory. He told me to ship him the memory back, which I took as an agreement to refund this money.

It took me a bit to ship the memory back, I was out of town when I emailed him and had job stuff at the beginning of January. I did ship him the memory back a couple of weeks ago, though. He has subsequently ignored all PMs and emails. I found that he is a more regular visitor at the Xoxide forums, so I registered there to try to contact him. That forum has read receipts, so I know he is reading my PMs, he is just not responding.

I opened a Paypal dispute to get his attention, he replied that the memory was made by Samsung (it was not) and escalated it to a claim. Paypal ruled in his favor solely because they do not reverse charges for anything other than an item not received.

At this point, not only am I out the money that he owes me, but I don't even have the dead/fake/crap product that he sent me.

He owes me $200 (original purchase price) + $8 (shipping back to him). He also continues to sell this memory using his ebay account. He's probably reselling the memory I sent back to him.

Details I have on him:
want2learn!/stupidfool
heat: stupidfool
ebay: iluvhotdeals
aim: piracyrulz

I have all sorts of personal contact information for him (name/address) but am not supposed to post them.

Also, at this point, should I leave negative heat or wait a little bit for a resolution?

I hope you get things resolved, and your money back. I would definitely leave some negative feedback on his eBay and heat if he has it.

well you cant post bad feedback on ebay unless you buy something! and he can post neg for you too.. id give it a little time i saw when he first was selling these ram sticks and wanted some too based on the fact that it was "under warranty" i waited and didn't bite right off and saw that not one person could get them to work and no one could get warranty rma so i didn't buy..

Let's avoid suggesting fraud, mkay? - Vertigo Acid

hes in texas right? i bet he gives you refund but just cant afford it he seemed to be refunding others

This is why eBay sucks. The step on legitimate sellers/buyers and allow this kind of sh*t to continue :|

The OP getting screwed while the crooked seller gets away scott free. A quick search on Google gives quite a few legitimate powersellers getting VERO'd, banned, etc.

The deal happened here..not on eBay...

Negative feedback for sure.

As far as getting your money back

Good luck

Did he have any refs before you bought from him?

He's a moron.:mad:

I hope you get your money back some how.

What area does he live in?

TX
Negative feedback for sure.

As far as getting your money back

Good luck

Did he have any refs before you bought from him?

He had a bit of heat, and a fairly decent amount of ebay feedback. I'm going to be disputing with my CC pretty soon, I'm hoping they will have me covered.

Good luck on getting your $$$ back hopefully he doesnt want to hurt his selling rep and does the right thing.

if you paid through paypal, with a credit card that has decent customer service, you should be able to charge back the charge and get your money, then the credit card company will have to send their legal hounds after him for the money

he said as is, meaning if their faulty u dont get ur money back, and i remember the thread and knew they were fake and i saw people buy them by the bulk, but u do have a point there, he should send back ur sticks u bought and the money for shipping and then he owes u nothing IMO, just leave negative feedback and move on, not like ur gonna be seeing ur money anytime soon, and not to be rude but comeon who will fall for that kind of fraud, knewing the sticks had fake stickers and low price that is not possible, so i just say email him 1 last time and ask for ur sticks and shipping money u wasted and let it die with negative feedback, if he gets bothered enough he will eventually payup which i doubt since hes still selling them on ebay

he said as is, meaning if their faulty u dont get ur money back, and i remember the thread and knew they were fake and i saw people buy them by the bulk, but u do have a point there, he should send back ur sticks u bought and the money for shipping and then he owes u nothing IMO, just leave negative feedback and move on, not like ur gonna be seeing ur money anytime soon, and not to be rude but comeon who will fall for that kind of fraud, knewing the sticks had fake stickers and low price that is not possible, so i just say email him 1 last time and ask for ur sticks and shipping money u wasted and let it die with negative feedback, if he gets bothered enough he will eventually payup which i doubt since hes still selling them on ebay
Being faulty and being FAKE are completely different things. His thread said as-is, yes, meaning that the genuine Samsung sticks of memory could be received DOA. This should not have been a problem because as genuine Samsung memory, it could be RMA'd for working sticks. I bought the sticks under the assumption that any problems would be resolved by the warranty Alex (stupidfool) promised existed. I also bought the sticks before anyone found out they were fake.

Your logic that because he sold the sticks "as-is" means that he can send me whatever he wants is completely flawed. What if he sent me 10 lightbulbs instead of RAM? It would've been the same problem -- him not sending what he advertised. He sold me Samsung memory covered by a warranty that was not individually tested by himself. He sent me off-brand memory with no warranty.

Furthermore, regardless of whether or not you agree with this, your entire argument is nullified by the fact that Alex agreed to refund my money when I returned the memory. I returned the memory, now he owes me my money.

On a separate note, I PM'd links to this troll thread and to the one I made on Xoxide to Alex yesterday. He logged into Xoxide very early this morning and I have a confirmed read receipt that he looked at the PM. I assume that his failure to respond indicates that he is not planning to resolve this without further action on my part.

I'll just respond to these accusations already, have refunded everyones memory that i sold that i said could be done as a rma BEFORE 2007. YOU said that you would ship it back, we had contact before christmas. I agreed that i would refund your money. Never did i say that i would refund shipping.

You even actually tried to get me to pay for your 6+ dollar listing fees on ebay.

And the memory is genuine samsung if you talked to them. Have a confirmed report from samsung rep. Their warranty is lifetime rma to reseller which they don't tell on their website or ram.

I would have refunded total price if you had shipped it on time . YOu shipped priority mail you could have dropped it off at anytime and it would have gotten here before january ( latest refund i did was january 3rd). You can do a chargeback thru ur cc company if you payed with that since paypal is holding the money when you did a dispute don't know why.

you can ask anyone else that bought from me that i did refund their money, even refunded someone who bought 10 like you did. Feel free to leave negative heat don't care not going to retaliate or something like that, it's under stupidfool.

He's posted....

THe only thing i have to say about all of this.
I dont know what the deal was,

Advertisement is advertisement
timely shipping and refunds are part of the game.

I'll just respond to these accusations already, have refunded everyones memory that i sold that i said could be done as a rma BEFORE 2007. YOU said that you would ship it back, we had contact before christmas. I agreed that i would refund your money. Never did i say that i would refund shipping.

You even actually tried to get me to pay for your 6+ dollar listing fees on ebay.

And the memory is genuine samsung if you talked to them. Have a confirmed report from samsung rep. Their warranty is lifetime rma to reseller which they don't tell on their website or ram.

I would have refunded total price if you had shipped it on time . YOu shipped priority mail you could have dropped it off at anytime and it would have gotten here before january ( latest refund i did was january 3rd). You can do a chargeback thru ur cc company if you payed with that since paypal is holding the money when you did a dispute don't know why.

you can ask anyone else that bought from me that i did refund their money, even refunded someone who bought 10 like you did. Feel free to leave negative heat don't care not going to retaliate or something like that, it's under stupidfool.

1. You told me to ship it back after Christmas, not before Christmas. Being out of town, I did not have the memory with me. I did not plan to have to ship the memory anywhere, since I didn't know of a problem, so I did not bring it with me on vacation.

2. You did not say that it had to be received before 2007. Even if I had shipped it the DAY you told me to ship it back, it is questionable that you would've gotten it in time. Why did you need it back before then? Why did you not TELL me that you needed it back before then? The fact that I did not bring the memory with me for Christmas would have made it impossible for me to ship before the New Year anyway.

3. I did not try to get you to pay my ebay fees. I told you I did not want to be out more money (the return shipping) on TOP of the ebay fees I had wasted on it.

4. I told you I wouldn't settle for any less than my purchase price + return shipping. You said, ship it back. In my book, that constitutes agreement. If you still had a problem with what I was proposing, why didn't you say anything?

5. If this memory is legit, why did you not respond to the original thread with such information? When I called Samsung, they wouldn't help me. You could've even told me this information when I emailed you for a refund.

6. You still have my money and the memory, and I am expecting you to issue a refund. Just because I paid via CC does not guarantee that I will be able to do a chargeback. You even admit now that you promised me a refund. You have the memory, which you are obviously reselling, give me my money.

7. Why did it take 2 troll threads to finally get you to respond to me???

ahhh, this does not make you have the rights not to refund the money to the buyer. if you admits you sold something was different than whats adverstied. You should blamed for all costs.

Titled updated, as both parties are in communication and have responded in this thread.

At this point, you two should really work this out in private.

Just refund his god damn money. You don't deserve to keep his money and the memory. Don't be f'd up.

Titled updated, as both parties are in communication and have responded in this thread.

At this point, you two should really work this out in private.

I'd like to clarify ---

We are not in communication. Alex (stupidfool) has responded to this thread and had refused to refund my money. He has ignored subsequent messages (this is crossposted on Xoxide, remember) and emails. I am in touch with my credit card company, but as far as the deal is concerned, I was trolled and Alex has made no effort to resolve this.

I'd like to clarify ---

We are not in communication. Alex (stupidfool) has responded to this thread and had refused to refund my money. He has ignored subsequent messages (this is crossposted on Xoxide, remember) and emails. I am in touch with my credit card company, but as far as the deal is concerned, I was trolled and Alex has made no effort to resolve this.

If thats the case, he needs to be banned....right away, period!!!!

So he has your mems and is not refunding your money?
If that's the case, then something must be done. :(

workingnonstop - call PayPal directly and bitch at Customer Service. Their own terms of service should have covered you in the event that the item you received was not as described. Trolls do this kind of thing all the time - you file an initial claim after they fail to ship, and PayPal closes your dispute when they get information on shipping from the seller. This works out quite nicely for the troll, and prevents you from re-filing a dispute. It happened to me before, and I did bitch at PayPal for their screwup. I got $50 for my trouble, which didn't cover me, but it was better than nothing.

BOTTOM LINE - stupidfool has workingnonstop's money and the RAM and is refusing to make good on the deal as promised. He has also stated that negative feedback is not something he cares about. This is troll behavior. IMO it's time for him to be banned as a Bad Trader.

Oh, wow, someone finally did this eh? I didn't want too, because to be honest, he sounded/sounds like a fair, honest guy. At that time anyways.

I think I have his cell # somewhere....I bought 4 sticks from him, and yeah...they're bunky, and Samsung says they have no idea what do with them...they are not 1st party RAM manufacturers, etc. stupidfool, if you're really an authorized reseller or whatnot...why don't you take care of the sticks before selling 'em? I mean, from my testing...I've got one completely dead stick, and three others that didn't work in four different laptops. (I posted in the FS/FT thread...it failed in three Dells and one HP).

Dunno, I'll try calling Samsung again and see if they've got a dept. that handles fake products or whatnot.

*EDIT* Found the cell #. Will try calling after I get out of class or something. LMK if you want to try as well.

Oh, wow, someone finally did this eh? I didn't want too, because to be honest, he sounded/sounds like a fair, honest guy. At that time anyways.

I think I have his cell # somewhere....I bought 4 sticks from him, and yeah...they're bunky, and Samsung says they have no idea what do with them...they are not 1st party RAM manufacturers, etc. stupidfool, if you're really an authorized reseller or whatnot...why don't you take care of the sticks before selling 'em? I mean, from my testing...I've got one completely dead stick, and three others that didn't work in four different laptops. (I posted in the FS/FT thread...it failed in three Dells and one HP).

Dunno, I'll try calling Samsung again and see if they've got a dept. that handles fake products or whatnot.

*EDIT* Found the cell #. Will try calling after I get out of class or something. LMK if you want to try as well.
Did you find anything out? I've still gotten nothing from him.

i hope everyone gets everythign resolved here. i'm glad i didnt' buy any of this ram.

Look at all his seller names, they all sound like scam accounts to me...and ridiculously low prices., would keep me away from him on top of that. Douche nozzle to the max.

Back