Trading issues with pcgaminggeek3

I purchased 2 items from him: Geforce 8800GTX and 22" LCD for a combined total of $580. He had told me it was shipped but did not provide any shipping/tracking information. My wife called all the major shippers - DHL, USPS, FedEx, UPS and none show any packages en route to my address so I am inclined to believe he has not shipped. I have filed a PayPal dispute against him and initiated a chargeback / credit card dispute with my credit card company. He is not responding to PM's at this time.

- Colt

I went ahead and filed a chargeback dispute with my credit card company and have been refunded $580 from my credit card company that I spent on the 8800GTX and LCD Monitor (I love Chase!). If by some miracle my items do arrive, I will of course send pcgaminggeek3 the money, but I don't foresee that happening.

- Colt

Why would you send more money to pcgameinggeek3? He already got paid once, if anyone should get it that would need to go to PayPal since they are eating it, not pcgaminggeek3.

My mistake. You are correct Kreidel.

Why would you send more money to pcgameinggeek3? He already got paid once, if anyone should get it that would need to go to PayPal since they are eating it, not pcgaminggeek3.

i purchaes a 8800 gtx from him and paid 360 for it.

i have yet to recieve anything yet.

When was this? I purcahsed a 8800GTX from him for $400. He has told me it's been shipped as the others but I have not received anything. I filed a dispute and i'll soon be escalating it to a claim.

hmmm, well damn guys, looks like we got screwed real good

I purchased a X-Fi Gamer sound card from him for $50

not sure what filing a claim will do, I mean He probably closed his account, and even if I did,I bet paypal won't do jack shit :mad:

Looks like elementh20, sean2sean, and myself all paid for a GeForce 8800GTX when he only had 2 for sale. Oh well, it's not like any of us are getting them now anyways. Anyone else buy one of his 8800GTX's?

soo how much did he make off all of us? like $1000 plus?

Well, there's $580 + $400 + $360 + $50 just from the last few posts, so that's $1,390 right there.

In addition to other big ticket items he may have "sold" or other sales on smaller stuff.

This just sucks.
I suggest everyone get their claims filed and hope PayPal comes through.

Did anyone call the local police? Detectives?

You gotta figure he took thousands of dollars from folks, on how many forums?

Should qualify as a felony.

Edit: Paypal CANNOT do anything if he doesn't leave the money in his account. Been there. Though after threatening police action, I got my money. Get the IP, get his name, location, etc. Did you get contact info? Speak to him personally? I can't imagine sending a person you have NO contact info on ANY money, so one of you must have SOMETHING?!

I am in contact with Kyle regarding pcgaminggeek3. Did anyone happen to get pcgaminggeek3's physical address?

ok... mail just came and nothing... im filling a dispute with paypal and my cc company. i paid about 2 weeks ago...

I spoke to him on the phone. The phone just rang and rang with no voicemail for the last few days. Upon calling it today, it is no longer in service, most likely because it was stolen. Sigh. Any chance somebody got his physical address?

Get the IP, get his name, location, etc. Did you get contact info? Speak to him personally? I can't imagine sending a person you have NO contact info on ANY money, so one of you must have SOMETHING?!

I noticed his Heatware is still 0-0-0 so I have gone ahead and posted negative feedback.

- Colt

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I posted this in plain site for people to see, and even more to the point - they should have checked this stuff on their own before sending money to this chump.

I want each of you to get all of your money back and I want each of you to learn something from this experience.

As for PCStealingthief or whatever his name is, I could care less what happens to him. He's garbage.

Original Post:

[email protected]

I just checked that PayPal address:

Seller Reputation: New Member*
Account Status: Unverified
Account Type: US Premier
Account Creation Date: Jul. 11, 2007
PayPal Member For: 4 days

In addition to that you don't have any feedback on heatware.com.
That makes it kind of difficult to cough up $160.
Wait....now $150.
Wait....now $140 to someone with absolutely no references and a brand new PayPal account.

If you'd like to ship first, I have cash waiting.
I'll even pay you the $150 we originally agreed on.

The seller declined, to which I replied:

You would rather:

1. Keep dropping the price until someone pays first.
2. Accept less money than I've offered publicly.
3. Decline to a buyer that's PayPal Verified since 2003 and had over 30+ positive heat in the last 60 days.

....Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

That should have been a huge red flag for others, the same way it was for me.

I went so far as to call him and he seemed legit on the phone. I wasn't concerned until barchettai paid him and we realized he accepted 3 people's money for 2 video cards. At this point, I got nervous and sent him a PM asking for his physical address to which he never responded. I already paid at this point and it was one of those "oh shit" moments :( I hoped that maybe he was just overwhelmed with PM's from his thread, but clearly, that was not the case.

Yea, I was one of the first couple ppl to pm him about those "cheap" 8800gtx. When he replied with a link showing a heatware account with 0 feedback, I decided to pass.

No packages delivered to my address today, not that I expected anything.

Also, looks like he hasn't logged into [H] in at least 5 days.

A little offtopic. Evoic, how did you go about checking pcgaminggeek3's paypal account status?

Hopefully, Kyle will provide us with his information and I for one will be calling the local police department in Bakersfield, CA and filing a claim with USPS for fraud as well as any other organization applicable. Do I expect anything to be done about it? Probably not. However, on the chance that something does get accomplished, it will be worth it.

I doubt it HIGHLY.

A little offtopic. Evoic, how did you go about checking pcgaminggeek3's paypal account status?

Go to your main user page.
Click "send money".
Type the person's email address that they're asking you to PayPal to.
Put $0.01 in the funds box.
Click through using the "Next" button and it will take you to a confirmation page asking you if you want to really send the money.

On that page it will show the seller's PayPal status (Verified or Unverified) and how many transactions.

I do this with ALL of the people I'm buying from.

For instance, if you try my email address it shows as PayPal verified since 2003.
That I'm a PayPal Premier member and that I have 62 transactions with other verified buyers and sellers.

Good luck.

ask the forum admin or mod to get his i.p address log and maybe you can track him down from there if he did not use proxies.

Go to your main user page.
Click "send money".
Type the person's email address that they're asking you to PayPal to.
Put $0.01 in the funds box.
Click through using the "Next" button and it will take you to a confirmation page asking you if you want to really send the money.

On that page it will show the seller's PayPal status (Verified or Unverified) and how many transactions.

I do this with ALL of the people I'm buying from.

For instance, if you try my email address it shows as PayPal verified since 2003.
That I'm a PayPal Premier member and that I have 62 transactions with other verified buyers and sellers.

Good luck.

Good to know. Thanks.

nothing here either, but only $10 on my part, for Splinter Cell. I am posting negative heat and filing my claim as well.

Did anyone call the local police? Detectives?

You gotta figure he took thousands of dollars from folks, on how many forums?

Should qualify as a felony.

Edit: Paypal CANNOT do anything if he doesn't leave the money in his account. Been there. Though after threatening police action, I got my money. Get the IP, get his name, location, etc. Did you get contact info? Speak to him personally? I can't imagine sending a person you have NO contact info on ANY money, so one of you must have SOMETHING?!

I posted this in the other thread.... I figure its worth re-posting here

Hate to break it to you... but the police wont do anything about this and they cant either...

This is a cival matter and has nothing to do with the police. The only thing you can do is take him to court and fight it there.

By the time you file a suit and serve them papers you have already spent more money than what you are suing for. Not to mention this all has to take place where he lives.

Sorry guys, but unless you can dipute the charge with your CC company, you are SOL.

On a side note though : If you by chance sent him a MONEY ORDER and that MO was a USPS MO, you would at least have a federal case because it would involve the USPS

I went so far as to call him and he seemed legit on the phone. I wasn't concerned until barchettai paid him and we realized he accepted 3 people's money for 2 video cards. At this point, I got nervous and sent him a PM asking for his physical address to which he never responded. I already paid at this point and it was one of those "oh shit" moments :( I hoped that maybe he was just overwhelmed with PM's from his thread, but clearly, that was not the case.

What is his phone number

(you can PM me with it if you want)

I for one think that he doesn't even reside in Bakersfield. You can submit anything you want through PayPal but we all know they are worthless. I got scammed once for $525 and it was a very expensive lessons on scammers but I learned it every well. Needless to say that when the price is too good to be true then you guessed it, it's a scam of some sort. Good Luck to everyone!! I hope some one finds him and lays the smack down on his punk thieving ass!!

You could try to get the serial number out of the exif data in the pictures, and trace the purchase back to his address or something somehow.

Anyone have any connections at/with AOL? I'd like to see what information was used to register his AOL email account. It's probably bogus info, but you never know.

It's useless to give negative feedbacks as he doesn't even have feedbacks to begin with.

hmmm, well damn guys, looks like we got screwed real good

I purchased a X-Fi Gamer sound card from him for $50

not sure what filing a claim will do, I mean He probably closed his account, and even if I did,I bet paypal won't do jack shit :mad:

Actually, if his account IS in fact still open paypal will debit his account accordingly if it is at a zero balance paypal will draw the account negative. If it isn't paid in a "certain" amount of time I am sure paypal will turn it in to creditors/collections.

Back