TribalOverkill's LiquiD EvolutioN

Grab a freah pair of panties fella's because your going to need em when you see this!!!!!!

Nov-04-2007

Final product. The prop has it's own little shaft that is keyed. This is so the prop is separate from the sFX. I did this because just in case one fo you knuckle heads should break the prop, you will only have to replace the prop. Plus you can buy the prop when you start making your own:) Cool?

I'm sure you know how the keys work,... the end of the sFX shaft will be keyed too. Them fit together and wham,... one spinning piece.

Ok. Now I know I said I was going to mount these sFX's the old way but you know me! Once I have my heart set on something I have to do it! So here it is!

The new way! Remember these? This time I only have a 9/64" holes drilled through them. This is the hole size I use to slide a 6-32 bolt through for turn cutting.

Now im going to use my VERY helpful cross slide vise to drill them again, this time with a 1/8 bit.

Whalaa,...

Very nice,....

Some posts,... they have to be 2" max. Going to mill them.

Like so,...

Perfect.

Rounded and polished the ends.

Slide through and glue.

After they cure I drill out the 9/64" holes to 1/4". The 9/64 acts like a pilot holes for the larger 1/4". You really do not want to drill to 1/4" and then dril out the center of the 1/4" again because if your off by even a bit the second time,... its no longer 1/4". It might not fit on the shaft the way it's suppose to. You get me?

Now,... her's the part that had me s@#$ing my pants. literally. Sweaty palms. I have to drill the sFX's. They have to be the same though. if even one hole is off a bit,... it wont mount. I'll have to make it again. SO,... i need a system of doing this. So,.. this pipe is the same diameter I used to make the sFX's. Im goign to drill a 1/8" hole right through it. Has to be dead center. You dont want this to be off because your sFX will be crooked.

Prepping,... i got my LED light shinning through the holes to better align the sFX dead center. The light is where the bit is going. It was hard to see the hole in the pipe through the tinted sFX.

Cool ehh? Lets see how I do!

Nailed it!

OMG thats cool!

Damn. Just damn.

Together.

Done.

Qhs.

DarthBeavis.

Qhs.

Top.

Bottom.

DarthBeavis.

Bottom.

Top.

Here's the eye candy,... Qhs.

Something is wrong with my UV's,... one of them burnt out and the others seem dim,... I'm thinking that I am running them to hot. I have to make another one.

This one is just so,... breath taking. Ho shiat. DarthBeavis's,...

Now,... time to close up Darth's two dual res's. After this it will be time for the aluminum work.

I have to test these res's out first. Video later on. WHAT YOU GUY THINK!!!! Hot right!!! I feel sorry for anyone going up against these at any contests!!! MUH HA HA HA!!!!

Ok,... dualies are done. There's a problem with the sFX's though. They wont turn. I know why they wont turn. I order some more material that I have to wait a couple of days to get it because mcmaster doesnt have it. So,... in the mean time I will be working on a mounting system. Wait till you see what I came up with:) You know people ask wher eI get my ideas from,... the mounting system, I got that idea on the floor. LOL. I was laying down at the studio trying to sleep becuase I was so damn tired. As I was falling asleep I saw some o-rings that I bought that were to big for what I was going to use them for. They were going to be used to seal up the reservoirs. Anyways,... the o-rings are 2.5" in diameter. I have no use for them. For a while now I was thinking,... what the hell can I do with those. I have like 50 or 100 of them! So thats when it hit me,... to mount the reservoirs. You know,... as im writing this now,... I do remember someone asking me if they were to mount the reservoirs,... I cant remember who though?!?!? Anyways,... intially i wasnt goign to use them to mount the reservoirs. But now,... it's actually a great idea. BUT you have to see what I have planned. Its perfect! I needed a mounting system where I could mount shields but for those who dont want shields,... I didnt want it where there are like unused thread-serts showing. You know what I mean? So this mounting system is going to be pretty neat. I'll be starting it tomorrow. Going to rest today.

Nov-06-2007

DB's dualies,... glued.

Very nice seal!

Ends rounded and excess sanded away.

Polished. CyberDruid is right,... glued reservoirs are still the S@#$! They look like jewls or something,...

LED plugs.

Fittings. OH,... DB, these reservoirs aren't coming with the fittings. I use them for pics and sizing up,... you on your own with that. These fittings are close as hell! I hope I can get the damn hoses on!!

Yup:) They are close as hell together but you can get them on. Thats 1/8" thick primoflex I think its called? I dont know.

I had to use a smidge of lube to get them on. They have to go on together at the same time. I think you can get them on one by one but a lube is needed. I love how the total width of the hoses is about the same as the res itself.

Thats tight. But nice.

Ok,... so it either this, which is most likely going to be how they are arranged.

This or,...

This. Nah,.... in the middle is fine.

Now,... I am thinking about having the dualies,... prependicular straight up or like this, angled out. I have to make up my mind now because once the shields are made, I cant turn them after. So yea.

Here they are angled inward which is cool but the inner chamber will be hidden.

Building a test rig.

Drilled, countersunk, and ready to be installed.

Very cool looking. I need to make a wooden case some day. But I want to make one that holds itself together like that one case, I forgot it's name.

A bead of glue just for some extra strength.

MY old Backout gear. I have to get new gear. This stuff is old as hell.

DB's ready to be tested,...

Now as said before,... the res's failed. I do not want to go into details as to why because,... well. It's a long story. I'm going to make a special part once I get my stuff in the mail and that will be that. I'm going to work on the mounting system while im waiting. Plus I have two more xPO's to fix,... S@#$.

Damn it gets better and better.

Is there a projected time of being done?

Or

"STFU I will be done when I am done, you wanna do this?"

Man. you could probably use those tiny reservoirs as a kind of "ghetto T line" fitting or something. My god would those look awesome inline.

Ok,... here's the my fix on the spinning problem. The spinnign problem is simple to understand. Basically,... the "in" is flowing a jet of water against the bottom of the propeller wher ethe "out" port is pulling water from above the porpeller and trhough it which is working against the the "in" port. I need keep the "out" port from pulling water throught eh propeller. Here's how,...

Nov-11-2007

With this,... it's basically a pan with a hole in the bottom for the intake. The pan's out diameter is about 2-1/8" where the inside diameter of the res's body is about 2-1/4" which give a good 1/16" groove all the way around. It's actually a bit more,... more like 3/32". Anyways,... it forces the out port to pull from around the pan which means it will be pulling from around the propeller instead of through it. water being pulled around the pan will come from about the prop and even in teh pan itself but thats ok because the water has to go up to get over the pans wall. Water going up is fine. Thats what I want. So yea. It works great!!! OH,... the little tube glued to the hole is for the in port. I cut the diameter down so that tube fits inside the in port which keep the pan from turn with the prop. That holes has to stay aligned with the in port so the jet of water bypasses the area where the out port is pulling from. The jet makes it way up into the the pan to push the prop.

I am goign to remake these because im not fully happy with how they came out. I know a better way to make them. So I will do that today. I will have both re's done today and ready for the aluminum work. I will also start my new brackets to day too:) I ahve off tonight so I will be there all night working on this.

The pan only adds an additional 1/4" to the overall height of the reservoir which is pretty damn good!! I'm thinking about lowering the pan a bit more and giving the walls of the pans a tiny bit more height.

Here's the video. Remember,... what you are seeing is with a FULL watercooling setup and not just a pump. I cant imagine how fast it would be if I just had a pump hooked to it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqjsKm3ZHnI

Damn,... so I didnt finishing updating both reservoirs last night. I kind of,... killed myself at the gym and I was sore as HELL!!! OMG,... I was so damn swolen. Anyways,... I ended up sleeping late and didnt make it to the studio until like 3:30am. Anyways,... I also ran into some trouble making the new pan things. I'll explain.

Nov-12-2007

This pan assembly has a thickness of 1/16" all around. HEre are some 2.5"OD 1/4" thick rings to cut down to 1/16" thick. There are some 1/16" thick squares to make the disc's.

Goign to use this to cut down the rings.

Altough it works fine the first time,.. I needed a way to hold the rings tighter.

Solution. Made slits and I pushed in these aluminum wedges. Works great.

Cutting down,..

Looks cool.

Done.

OMG I'M SWOLLEN! Ripped. Damn,... i can barely move.

Where was i,... oh yea. Done.

One of the rings fell of range so I cant use it. So,... here's an example of how strong this s@#$ is. This is just before it broke.

This is how I cut the discs the last time but this time I'm not using a 1/4" bolts. So this didnt work very well. I tried several times and wasted so muc time with this. Anyways,... this 1/16" acrylic rips very easily when cutting. I recommend cutting it at a very high speed and fed slowly. I cut mine at like 2100+rpm.

A new stool,...

Because my fat A@# broke the other one. OMG I wish I had all my media equipment,... if the video recorder was running that would of been funny as hell to watch. I totally busted my a!@. The funny part was that I just didnt fall to the floor. I fell back and hit the wal and then slide sideways onto the floor. The whole time I'm trying to grab a hold of something but couldnt get grip so BAAM! LOL. I didnt know what was happening until I saw the chair. I'm like why am I falling!??! BAAM!

HA HA,... Anyways,... almost done.

Modder, TheAlien asked about it so here it is! Dual intake! OH yea! Sending this to the company too.

This is how im cutting the the little pieces. I didnt do it this way the last time and it took that much longer. This worked great! I used a spike because using bolts kept stripoing the inside. This was that much better.

Look at that!!! They are perfect! So tiny and yet perfect.

Dual in,... lets glue em.

Oh yea,... so hot.

I didnt use the 1/4" shaft in the middle like last time because this is easier and better. The larger center tube only has to be placed about center and glued instead of being inserted then glued. The larger center keeps the pan straighter too. The last ones had a slight tilt to them. I didnt like that.

Damn that looks great!!

Thats just friggin cool!

DUAL BABY!!! Thanks TheAlien:) Does this mean I have to test it out?!?!?

Prop in place,...

Pan covers the props fully now,...

Thats looks so cool.

I just have to put the new pan inside darths,.. and I have to resive Qhs's and then install his. After that its time for the brackets.

MUAH HA HA HA HAAAAAAA!!!!

Nov-17-2007

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! *cries like a lil girl*

LOL. This is so amusing to me,... look at all this SH@#$! LOL. You know,... when I'm cutting and this stuff is spraying everywhere,... it's hot. I mean HOT! I usually have my head right up against the vise as im cutting so I can watch closely. This stuff lands like right in front of my face, literally. Now,... as it's accumulating, I can feel the heat from it! I mean its a lot of heat! So much that i'm still talking about it here instead of miving on to the cool pics,...

Very thin.

Breaks easily into a dust.

Look at all this! OMG, LOL. You know,... I bet I could use it to make a panel:) Crush it,... lay it on a cookie sheet evenly and then spray it down with weld-on, LOL. I think it would work.

All of that fuzz from cutting these. Yep. Just these.

These things are so damn dead on its just blows my mind.

Bottoms added,... sanded and polished. So delicious.

Fixed! Glued that bad boy down. Easy right?!?! No more lifting/ tilting. It stays put and the only thing that floats is the prop and sFX. YES. As the sFX is spinning,... it's floating:)

So hardcore,... the sFX was actually turning while I was taking pics.

Qhs! I havent forgot about you my friend. Your next! I have to update yours and get some pics and a video of yours. It's going to be just as hot man! I'm actually going to hook yours up seperately and then I'm going to hook both up in the one loop! I know both of them will turn! I need a splitter. I dont want one to spin slower then the other. Hmmm you think it will?!?!?

My mic on my camera was working for whatever reason,... listen and tell me what you hear:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xkHW51FFwM

Dude you got some Wicked mad skills with acrylic.... Wish i had that skill. Or for that matter those tools.

Small update. Qhs's res is done. Both just need to be cleaned up a bit. Going to start on brackets now. I have to clean up the studio first. A Nuke went off over here.

Nov-18-2007

Done and works greats:)

Ok,... I took anothre video of the DayWalker res because I didnt like that last one. I found out that the new one isnt all that either. I need a better video recorder.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OlbMoyOwnw

This is Qhs's custom reservoir. It's so damn smooth,... god I love it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqUD8lCrOV0

So,... I do have plans on getting better media equipment. Does anyone know of a really good video editor or something where I can add cool effects to the video's?!?!? Maybe some bleeping for the foul mouth, LOL. Let me know. Thanks.

Oh, I want one bad. :)

If you have a mac, you have iMovie built in. If you have a PC, you probably have Windows Movie Maker built in. Either should do for what you want.

Finally made it to the last page, I think my heart is about to keel over from the sheer awesomeness in 5 secon............<connection lost>

Tiny update. I couldnt do more but I had the worst headache! I left my motrin at home too:( I tried to dude it out but working with the machines made it worse:(

Nov-21-2007

I'm making a table to turn my sliding vise into a sliding table. Nothing comparable to the real thing but it will do for now.

I can clamp my work to it and then use an end mill to cut it.

The pieces of aluminum I am going to use to make all the brackets. I think I need like 6 pairs of brackets. I stop at 220grit. Tomorrow I will wetsand @ 400 and 800 and then start polishing. You know,... I ran out of 220grit wetsand so I went to the store to get mroe. They didnt have any 220grit wetsand. So instead of going to another store I bough 220grit drysand stick-on's. They worked great! I though they would get clogged and dull quick and to my surprise they didnt! Awesomeness!

Here are the brackets im goign to make. Each bracket consists of two pieces. An aluminum shell and an acrylic insert. Total width of each bracket is about 1/2". Length,... I think its 2"?!?! Maybe 2-1/4". I dont know off the top of my head. Anyways,... starting from the top. The acrylic insert goes inside the shell obviously. It helps strengthen, adds to the look of it, and most importantly,.. keep the reservoirs from being scratched severely by the aluminum. I'm goign to start out making clear 3/8" inserts and then maybe after that I'll make layered inserts kind of like what cheapskate and many other modders have done. Or maybe I should layer now for these customs? Ok,... I'll layer fo rthe customs but im going to make all clear inserts too. Drawing down,... thats what teh aluminum will look like fromt eh outside. You see the round grooves? The o-rings will be locked there. You wont be able to release the reservoir unless you unbolt the brackets. The aluminum shell will have captive nuts on the inside to fasten the entire bracket down. Next down,... is the acrylic piece's shape that I have to make. Finally,... the last one is the aluminum shell unfolded. I think its goign to look hot. They are small and "out of the way". There's going to be an add-on to mount shields. I'll draw that out later. OH, the "V" groove of the bracket is so that you can mount various size reservoirs, like DB's 2"OD dualies,...

Hey people. Sorry for the pause in updates. I was sick in bed. I'm still sick now but I forced myself out of the bed because laying in bed for a few days doesnt do me any good. Best to keep moving. So,... I did some work the other day. Not much but I did some. I have to work tonight but I have off two days after and I have off friday and saturday too so I plan on getting a load of work done then.

How was all of your Thanksgivings!?!?!? Mine was poppin!!! HOLYS@#$!!! I had so much fun!!! So drunk lol. I took a quick phone video!! LOL. It was at my sister in law's father's house. I just met these people for the first time that night. We got so drunk so fast and danced the whole time. It was tight. I love those people. Their like, "You comin back for xmas right?!?!? Right?!?!?!". LOL. The guy in the white shirt in the far back left holding the beer is my brother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAcf_JtqfGk

Nov-26-2007

Anyways,... some shiny aluminum.

I taped it off and and drawn what I needed on it and then cut the tape awsay and drilled.

I scroll sawed out the grooves. I am goign to try and mill out the grooves instead of filing. See how that goes.

Glued the brackets to this wood to be put into my vise.

Ok,... the 1/8" end mill cut through the aluminum like paper. Infact,... I was cutting my vise up too:( It's not bad but I was still cutting my vise a bit. The grooves cam out good but the ends of the grooves you can see the bit was riding to one side though. I think its because I was cutting into the vise though. Next time I want to sink the end mill into the chuck a bit more to cut down on sway. I had the bit in the chuck pretty far but I'm thinking it still wasn't far enough.

I used a round file to to kind of ball the ends of the grooves to make them look like it was suppose to be,... but im not happy with this. I'm not goign to remake these because I dont have the time. I'm just going to keep going. This does not effect the brackets at all so yea. I might remake the ones going to acryan though. I dont want them to think I wanted it that way.

Filing,... I milled wooden jaws for my vise so I didnt scratch the polished aluminum. I stuck 1/8" drill bits on the holes to keep the pieces from sliding apart. By the 3rd one I stopped doing this though. I just made sure they didnt slide apart when clamping them down.

Filed out and nice looking. Have to sand this side though. A lot of burr from using the table sander to shape them.

Very nice.

Sanded with some dry 220grit. Nice and smooth.

I am trying to decide if I want to mill out bends. I was thinking about doing it the way I cut the props. I am thinking that maybe the small 1/16" bit might like,... not work that well? I dont know. I'll do a practice piece first. So yea. Till then,...

Wow. Yea. There's a lot of photo's in this update, LOL. So this update is cool. Indeed. But I cant say that I'm happy with it. Read on.

Nov-29-2007

So this is the dangerous way im goign to cut the bending grooves for the brackets.

It works good so im gonna do it.

Look at that bend. Those stretch marks will polish right out.

Damn thats good.

Ok. First two.

WhaLAA!

Very cool. I like.

Ick. I dont like. Drink it up like a good lil boy.

GAWD. You'd think as a grown man I could hack it right?!?! I can't. This S@#$ is nasty.

I'm using the captive nut holes to setup the cut for the gooves.

POOF!

With a 2"OD res,...

Polished with captive nuts installed.

Let me tell you,... these captive nuts are so much better then the thread-serts.

Very cool.

O-Rings. Some o-ring management is needed. Just playing around with the little o-rings. The two lines have to be kept together. Hmmm,...

Now,... the brackets are a bit off. From bending. I should of bent first and then cut for accuracy. Or maybe I should of had a special jig to bend them?!?! I dont know. Anyways,... im going to cut them again. WAtch and learn,...

Milled this,...

Going to mount it like this.

With these holes.

Like so,...

17 degree angle cuts on the bottom.

Done. Uhhh,... yea. so I forgot to take pics of what I did. Shoot me. I'm sick. I basically put in in the cross slide vise and fed the bracket to that saw blade thing I use to cut everything.

They are more even now. They are still off though:( Kinda.

A lot better then before.

Time for the acrylic. Here's are my 4 attempts. I milled all sides so they are all the same. Why? I dont know. I figured I would sart off with a perfect block to avoid any problems. I wont have to do this for every one I make though.

Another angel jig thing. Same 17 degree angle. This one of thinner. I wasste so much time making these jigs.

This is all I really needed though. Just one slope.

Again,.. I skipped pics. I have to stop that. So they.

You see where I am going with this right?

DAMN! This came out good! Its a bit off but holy hell that came out good!

WOW.

End sanded flush.

The acrylic rods get glued in place. They keep the acrylic piece from coming out.

Reservoir sits right on top of it. Problem though. It's slick. The res slides on it like ice. Thats bad.

Possible colors or LEDS:) I really wanted the acrylic to cover the ends the same way it does the top but I cant do that in this studio. Maybe if the ends were just slanted and not round.

This thing is just to cool. They are to hard to make though. I cant make 16 more of these. They dont even work right. The res's slide on them. I dont even know if these would hold a full res hooked to some hoses. Maybe if the acrylic was lined with rubber to keep it from slipping. but im not going to do that. I have to go back to the drawing board.

Hmmm,... have to think.

Now that is just COOL! Those brackets are schweeeeeet! All the work payed off on those.

Ok,... I'm back. Feelin a bit better. Now,... back to the brackets. Last time I was having trouble with the res sliding in the brackets. Well,... I redesigned the brackets and got some new stuff.

Dec-06-2007

Some stuff from mcmaster.

I actually got some 1/8" o-rings because,....

The ones I was using before were so damn dinky,...

These 1/8" o-rings work but in my opinion they are a bit to much. SO,....

I got some 3/32" o-rings which are a lot better. Strong but not so bulky looking.

A lot nicer.

I also got these 3/32" x 3/4" rings too. I want to try something else,... 4 of these per res. I want to make a nice aluminum band with "U" bend on each side to hook in the o-rings. This way the system looks more balanced,... aluminum/ acrylic to o-ring. You know what i mean? I think the little rings will look better then one rings stretched up and over. We'll see.

I also got some bumpers. A modder from one of the forums I post said to use stick on bumpers from mcmaster. Out of "stick on bumpers" I see,... "bumpers". You guyz know me,... no tape no glue etc. So U looked up bumpers and found these nice push in bumpers. SOLD.

These will keep the reservoirs from sliding around. They are cheap too. like $5 for 100 of them.

I've got quite a collection now.

Here are my plans for the new brackets. Kind of the same which is good because I like this style of brackets. I did not want to give up on this. So let get to work,...

Need some acrylic blocks.

Cut down,...

Cutting the "V" groove.

Pretty good but its weird,... they are all a bit different or off from each other?!?! Maybe because I forgot to tighten the damn drill press table before I start cutting them!!! DOH!

Cutting the middle of the "V" groove out with a 1/8" end mill. I didnt want to use an 1/8" because its kind of big or bigger then what I wanted to use. But I had to because of the slightly off groove centers. DOH! You know what,...

I'm startin over,...

This time the table is locked and tight. I'm using one block to align the saw blade.

If I dont cut my fingers off using that blade like that,... it will just flat out take my head off. You see the dent in my friggin wall! That from the piece of acrylic that was cut off and got flung by the 3000rpm blade.

Here's the jig I'm using to cut the "V" grooves. I glued it the the vise jaw. The jig and jaw is taped up though. Anyways,... all I have to do is load the jig and cut.

MUCH BETTER!

The left overs,...

Wow. So much better.

Carving out the middle of the grooves again. This time I am using the 1/16" end mill I wanted to use the first time.

Very pro,...

Very small.

So cool!

Two new jigs,... they are the same actually. A single and a sixer.

It's for cutting another angle,..

NICE! God I love this.

So cool.

Yet another jig,...

I'm drilling with the end mill. Making room for the captive nuts that will be on the aluminum portion of the brackets. This jig is glued to the vise too. You see,... I measure to drill one hole. I drill one side and then flip it around to drill the other side. It's faster and more accurate then constantly aigning the press for each cut.

Captive butt holes,...

Using the same jig I used to drill the captive nut holes... I drill the holes for the retaining acrylic rods. Drill one side and then flip it over to do the other.

Now,... using the "V" groove jig,... I drilled for the bumpers. I am sinking the bumpers too so they dont come out all that easy. Plus to give them a slightly lower profile too.

Wicked,...

Who is the friggin man! These things look so damn cool. They are just so perfectly together. Amazing.

The 2" res,...

The 2.5" res,...

Niiiiiiice,...

Ok,... I am going to back tonight. I have to fixed two xPO's though,... I continue here when done with them. I'll probably glue the xPO's togther and then put them off to the side for the night for some EXTRA curing time,... so I can back back to these bad boys;)

Small update,... got to the studio late. I was tired. I started the aluminum work.

Dec-07-2007

Piece of 5052 aluminum.

Here's the design I'm shooting for. There are no "V" grooves in the design because I'm goign to cut the "V" groove the same way I did it the last time.

I'm going to offset the braclets like this to save on aluminum plus I think it would look cool like this:)

I cut my big piece up and I started cutting my bending grooves.

Some burr but very nice.

The same way I was drilling the holes,... positioning the press to drill a single hole on one side and then just flipping your work to drill the same hole on the other side of the your work. I set the press up to cut this first groove 7/16" down from the edge. To cut the other side I just flip it.

I did that flipping thing for all these grooves. They are all dead on:) But check it out,... the grooves, there's to many! LOL. I want to stagger the brackets keep them as close as possible like in the second pic I posted but I guess I was tired and had them side to side. I dont know. Whatever.

Very cool. Need to sand away that burr.

Better.

Look how on that is,... totally happy with this.

All drawn out and center punched. Needs to be drill now. I'm contemplating whether I should drill the holes for the retaining acrylic rods now or do it after I have it bent with one straight drill right through both. If I do it now,... and then bend, the holes will be off from each other a bit. but atleast the holes will be where they are suppose to be. I might have to do some adjusting. Might be tideous. Or I can bend the entire thing and then set it up in the press and drill straight through both of them. the holes will be aligned with each other but,... I dont know. I might drill after I bend.

Start fixng these xPO's too,... they had the bad seal too but they were pretty good compared to others. I had to heat these to get them open where the other I could just tear open. Going to remake them anyways. Shouldn't take long.

Update.

Dec-10-2007

Some have asked,... how do I drill such lovely holes in acrylic. Well,... here's quick explaination. You are looking at various bits I use to drill my holes.

These are boring bits. They work great! They are perfect for acrylic becaused they scrape to cut. These work better for acrylic then they work on wood. I use these for one pass drilling through thick and even thin acrylic. I usually run these at about 1200rpm when drilling. Sometimes I use water to lubricate and cool when drilling with these. Notice how the one boring bit is way shorter then the other. This is because I shortened it for strength. You dont want your bit sticking to far out from the chuck because the bit has potencial to sway when drilling.

Uni-bits. These work great too because the the cutting angle is so that it doesn't really gouge. Only down fall is that you can only drill through materials no greater then 1/8". I drill at about 1200rpm with these. I dont really use water to much when drilling with these.

Here you see 2 regular drill bits. One of them is altered and one is not. I'll get more into this in a minute,...

This is a countersink. I use this alot. I use to to scrape away the outer rim of any holes I drill(not all) because the very edge of a hole or even a piece of acrylic is the weakest area, chipping basically. If you cut that very edge away you strengthen that area making it less vunerable for chipping. Plus say you should chip a hole a bit while drilling. You can countersink the holes cleaning up the chipped area. Also,... if you tap and holes there WILL be some burr on the outer rim of the hole. You can clean it away with a counter sink. Countersinking looks great too, industrial looking, not just a hole.

Now,... back to the drill bits. You see the bit on the left, thats the altered bit. You see the cutting angle I gave the bit? how it slants upwards more than the bit on the right? This is so that it srapes to cut instead of diving right the hell in the acrylic tearing it to pieces. It's a very easy thing to do too.

The picture explains all. You see the angle in which im holding the bit? You want something like 70 - 80 degrees as a cutting angle.

You dont want this though,... grind the bit so that it has an angle greater then 90 degrees. If you do that it wont cut. It will melt your acrylic.

You can drill straight through with one pass using an altered bit. You can drill continuous too as long as its cuttign well, meaning your not melting your work. I would reccommend drilling a bit and then pulling out to remove the scrappings. The scrapings seriously heat up the acrylic because it rubs around and around inside the hole. You can use water too. If you alter your bits correctly though,... you wont need water. You'll here a nice scouring noise and you should see heated ribbons forming while drilling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clPgSNSFgl4

Fixing some xPO's. The seals when done right are so damn nice. These are bullet proof.

Look at those seals! God I love it.

These are just about done. I am getting another one in the mail soon. I already made parts for it. Just need to put it together, sand, and polish. I'm going to let these sit and cure so in the mean time,...

Brackets. Cut apart the rows.

Individually cut.

Cut their shape out. These were easy to cut out. No fancy manuevers or anything. straight cuts.

Jig.

Jig in use.

Almost done.

Very nice.

I figured as much. I'd be willing to pay a good amount for some custom stuff. :) Considering I have trouble drilling a hole in any sort of material, I couldn't come close to doing what he does w/ acrylic... I've tried... and failed :( (Just trying to work with it)

I figured as much. I'd be willing to pay a good amount for some custom stuff. :) Considering I have trouble drilling a hole in any sort of material, I couldn't come close to doing what he does w/ acrylic... I've tried... and failed :( (Just trying to work with it)

He does sell them. The one with the dark spinner is mine (actually three resevoirs once he is done). I have one of his other spinners in my Autopsy rig (search here or Google to see it). His custom work does cost a pretty penny but then I do not build ordinary rigs . . .PM me if you want more info.

Hey everyone! Here's an update. I didn't get to spend as much time in teh studio as I wanted because S@#$ happens. Mother dragged me to court because my father(hardly a father at all) is trying to screw my mother over. I haven't seen this man(hardly a man) is over 13 years. I was sitting in a chair and he comes in with his lawyer, granted I had my face covered in disgust,... he's like, "Uhh,... are, are you charles?". I'm like "I dont even want to talk to you". He's like, "Ok,... I understand". He don't understand,... he doesn't even care. He only cares about himself. Assh@#$! Anyways,.. that ruined all of friday. We were there at the court all friggin day! Oh my gawd! By time I got home I'm like screw this, im going to sleep! I got up at like 6am and then headed out to the studio. Anyways,... here's what I did.

Dec-15-2007

First,... here's the one and only women in my life right now. Mom. I love her to death. I would kill for her without thought, without hesitation,... in a heartbeat. This is my mother. She is single. So if any of you SINGLE modders out there are interested please email me;) LOL.

Being ins court all day I was bored. My creative sense kicked in and,... Negative shadow art?!?! Posing?!? LOL. It's crazy cool though!!! This pic,... I am TribalOVERKILL.

Invisible wall.

Bustin a move,...

I'm DA BOSS!

Detained. Yes,... there are people watching me. Laywers, cops and all. TribalOVERKILL doesn't give a S@#$. Did I just talk about myself in a third person?!?! Oh god. LOL.

Flipping the bird.

I am sexy,...

Bracing.

Trapped.

Working the pole baby! The bars or lines you see are the beams of the windows.

Time to work,... bending the brackets.

By hand. It's easy. I mean its hard but with some effort it's easy.

Bending the other side is a bit harder to do.

I used this arcylic block and a tack hammer to finalize the brackets shape.

Done.

Very nice. Almost there,..

You guyz have to forgive me about the audio in my videos. Sometimes the mic works and sometimes it doesn't:( A video of me bending the sides of the brackets.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln8FiIVJrDc

Bent the sides up.

Now I have to bend the sides back down to make that hook to hold the o-rings.

Going to use these tools I made a while back to do it.

Oh and this flat head.

You stick it in there like that and hammer the back of the flat head to bend it up.

Bending the o-ring tabs back,...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTq1uaC5tGs

More negative imaging,... I'm hooked.

That hose is normally blue!

Oh damn,... look at the acrylic pieces and the drawings! WOW!

Nice,...

Freaky,... I love filming with my hand out in front of me like that. Kinda like a first person shooter:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDEI6ikYAjk

All that negative stuff I just posted was a bathroom break. LOL, joking. Anyways... bent the tabs over but still have to bend them back down. a bit.

Like so. Not perfect.

Lost 3 of them.

I cleaned them up a bit.

Starting to look nice.

I have to cut the "V" groove now.

Like so,...

Next update,...

Dec-16-2007

All "V" grooves cut.

Looking good!

Drilling the mounting holes for the acrylic piece.

Drilled.

Decided to use captive nuts and 6/32 bolts instead of the acrylic rod. Why? Because the holes in the aluminum were kind of mangled a bit and jut having the acrylic rod there,... it wouldnt look all that nice. I'm going to try and get the company to use the the acrylic rod method though. They ahev better capabilites over there so it will come out nicer.

Tihs looks ok to me though,... very butch looking.

Very nice.

So these are just about done. I have to do a bit more sanding and it will be time to make the portion of the bracket that mounts the shields. Shouldnt be to big of a deal. After that is will be time for shields! God I cant wait,..

GENIUS!!!

Dec-18-2007

These are done.

This is the top piece I need to make. It will allow for shields to be mounted to the reservoirs. While I was messin around with this something just like hit me,... an image. I share this with you in a minute.

The top piece is narrow but this is only for the mockup. I need it to be super easy to bend. The two raised ares to see will have captive nuts installed under so the shields can be mounted on top of it.

The top piece need to contour the inside of the shield. I need to make a special pipe thing to form these.

Shields will cover most if not all of the o-rings. These are the Limited Edition xPO shields.

NOW! Look at this! It just hit me! When normally I'm like sweet! I said,... F@#$! LOL. Why? Because I waisted all that time messing around with the acrylic and evrything,... look how simple this thing is! It's works great too! It makes so much sense to me. These two piece right here as narrow as they are will mount a reservoir just fine! I plan to make these and most likely these will be the brackets I send to the company. They are simple and easy to make. They look great. It just makes that much sense to me. I was kickin myself when these came to mind. All that time waisted.

Both of them together,... they look great! I can see them as polished and even better,... anodized black.

i want to turn this hook around so you can't see it looking from the side. Would look hot. The same as the bottom piece.

Made some strips of 3/8" wide aluminum. This is going to be the width of the pieces.

so straight its cool.

I cut them in half so they are about 6-7/8" long each. I have to figure out exactly how long they need to be.

New top piece with hooks turned around.

See it loks better from outside.

So cool.

I'm going to make a plain top piece to for those who dont want to use shields. Now,... Qhs, DB,... it up to you. You want to use the acrylic/ aluminum bottom or do you want the new all aluminum ones? The new aluminum ones wont take long at all to make. I dont care which ones you decide on. Anyways,...

Iv been watching this thred since the beging. Your work is awesome. Some of the best acrylic work iv seen.

OMG LOL! I can't take it! Just got my pc running again. I have three upDec-23-2007s, here's the first.

Dec-23-2007

Ok,... so I though I would try and make a nice peg board to try and from my brackets,...

To say the least,... it didn't work very well.

So I did it the old fashion way. Problem being that it's to hard to do this way. Takes to long and it ruins the finish. There no way for me to sand this and polish it in it's entirety.

Here's the bottom piece. It too was pretty hard to make. There's no way for me to make this bottom piece many times using the method I used.

Looks good though:)

Back