Tribes scared me

malicious

Supreme [H]ardness
I just can't fill the void with anything that has come out since

the freedom of movement in large outdoor worlds is the key and i miss it so much

PLEASE make Legions

I'll buy 3 copies

guess it's a dumb thread but i'm just sick of nothing at all like tribes available

and don't say battlefield this or ET:QW that cuz it's all bullshit compared to tribes

mal out

the freedom of movement in large outdoor worlds is the key and i miss it so much

PLEASE make Legions

I'll buy 3 copies

guess it's a dumb thread but i'm just sick of nothing at all like tribes available

and don't say battlefield this or ET:QW that cuz it's all bullshit compared to tribes

mal out

friggin aerial assault on the PS2 was so fun, then i played starseige when it came out for free on the PC, WOW it was fun lmfao, i loved those games, id LOVE another one, dont change it too much, just graphically nice, using a GOOD efficient engine (SOURCE would work well i think... )

Starsiege Tribes

Best FPS I've ever played to date....why must all the sequels suck :(

I used to play Tribes on the PC along time ago, the main reason I liked it was primarily due to the huge surrounding area, BF1942 was the only other game that had something close to what Tribes had, as far as surrounding area.

I used to play Tribes on the PC along time ago, the main reason I liked it was primarily due to the huge surrounding area, BF1942 was the only other game that had something close to what Tribes had, as far as surrounding area.

Every try to ski down a hill in BF1942

I played a lot of Tribes 2.... Vengeance I bought when it came out for $50... madly disappointed with how fast it died, I actually enjoyed the game even with it being a lot different, vehicles being pointless, and the customization was dumbed down... still was fun...

Tribes 2 though... I put hundreds of hours into that... I may try to login one of these days and see if anyone is playing, although I completely forgot binds and everything like that.

I played a lot of Tribes 2.... Vengeance I bought when it came out for $50... madly disappointed with how fast it died, I actually enjoyed the game even with it being a lot different, vehicles being pointless, and the customization was dumbed down... still was fun...

Tribes 2 though... I put hundreds of hours into that... I may try to login one of these days and see if anyone is playing, although I completely forgot binds and everything like that.

I've had a feeling to do that too but, I forgot all my login credentials. I think Dyna(w/e) is no longer supporting it.. so I have no idea how to get my password and stuff back.

I've had a feeling to do that too but, I forgot all my login credentials. I think Dyna(w/e) is no longer supporting it.. so I have no idea how to get my password and stuff back.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I can't remember my user name or password at all. Hell, I think I've got two copies of Tribes 2.

God I miss tribes! best game pretty much ever, huge out door env's cool weapons and vehicles, good mod community making cool shit like renegades. Tribes 2 was good. Vengeance just plain sucked they didn't even come close to the feel of the game. I really wish a game like tribes was made today that had the same feel and was actually good...id kill for it.

I don't know what you're talking about, I liked both Tribes 2 and Vengeance.. good sequels in my book

I still play it....To bad there isn't as many people playing anymore.:(

ah tribes how i loved thee
i played tribes for a long long time and would love to have a REAL sequel
but alas i fear game makers are wary of making games for us old school pc gamers (plz no tribes isnt old school zork is old school k thx)
cause we like to have full access to modding the game
and we like to FLY

I was addicted to Tribes and have yet played a game the matched the sheer joy I received while playing it. I remember upgrading from my onboard video to a Voodoo3 2000 to play tribes.

tribes was great, I remember spending a lot of time as a heavy on flag duty during matches :p

There really isn't anything like it- planetside is a lot like tribes without the jetpacks but that game is far past its prime.

Isnt the gameplay of Tribes somewhat, kinda sorta, similar to the Halo games? I tried em both.....Mehh...neither were my "cup of tea" so I uninstalled 'em. Just seems to me they were similar.....I dunno....

tribes was great, I remember spending a lot of time as a heavy on flag duty during matches :p

There really isn't anything like it- planetside is a lot like tribes without the jetpacks but that game is far past its prime.

A game in the vein of PlanetSide would get my money. That is, as long as they fixed the netcode, hitboxes, and remade it. For all its flaws, I had a hell of a lot of fun with PlanetSide.

Tribes has to be the best fps I've ever played. Easily wasted several years playing almost nothing but tribes.

']['ec force shifter servers oh how i miss them

The original tribes was the best. Wish they would remake it as was with just a new graphics engine. That'd be badass.

What I really loved about Tribes was the amazing netcode, even 56k users could play smoothly without any problems unlike other multiplayer games on the market back then.

Starsiege Tribes and Quake 3 Arena are the best online FPS experiences I've ever had. I had no idea a new one was being developed!

I loved the game for the vast areas and total 3D fighting (why can't we have more jetpacks?!)

Planetside was good, but no jetpacks :(

Isnt the gameplay of Tribes somewhat, kinda sorta, similar to the Halo games? I tried em both.....Mehh...neither were my "cup of tea" so I uninstalled 'em. Just seems to me they were similar.....I dunno....

About the same as comparing a Kia Sportage to a Hummer (1).

They're both SUVs...but they're both very different and are used for totally different purposes.

Tribes is the Hummer :D

Skiing was such a great mechanic. Doing it in a light armor for quick flag caps was just graceful and sublime. Doing it in a heavy using rocket jumps was pure skill. :D

And there was nothing like mid-air discing someone. Ahhh.

Does anyone know if Tribes or Tribes 2 servers are still populated? I've been meaning to reinstall both games but I fear most of the players have moved on to other games.

Which servers do you folks (used to) play on? Perhaps when I reinstall I'll drop by and see how everything is.

PLEASE make Legions

I'll buy 3 copies

mal out

There isnt really anything similar....though, if you want open expanses of land, give Armed Assault a look.

I don't know what you're talking about, I liked both Tribes 2 and Vengeance.. good sequels in my book

I liked them both as well. Unfortunately they both seemed to die off and fade into obscurity too quickly.

Quickly? I played tribes 2 for years

I only played Tribes 2 for a short time. For awhile it seemed that hardly anyone was ever on a server. As for Tribes Vengeance, that never seemed to be all that popular.

avp2 and tribes 2 are my favorite games of all time.

i remember playing 60man ctf games.

I loved the first Tribes, lots of good fun. The second one was very cool, but when you have to put a patch out before people can buy the game....doesnt bode well. Its popularity went down hill faster than I would have liked but oh well. Never got the next one and I am glad...

Tribes was fantastically well done. It aimed high and got there.

I really wanted to like T2 and, from time to time, was actually able to play a map or two. But after many many patches things never got to working right.

I actually thought T:V was a lot of fun and well executed. Granted, all I played was the demo but there was a lot of possibility there. Seemed easier in a lot of ways compared to T1 (mid-airs happened a hell of a lot more often) but fun all the same.

I've always kind of wondered that, for as many people that I hear about asking for a remake, whatever happened in the first place? For me, it was real-life intruding. Was it just that they set the bar too high on the first one and the successive iterations couldn't quite get there (though none of them left the core gameplay the hell alone and just updated graphics)?

Gametrailers should do a retrospective.

i never tried T2 or Tribes Vengence but the original starsiege tribes was my first online experience.... definitely one of the best online shooters to date. a remake would be awsome...

Back