***TROLL WARNING***---> Petro89

Retsam

2[H]4U
***Warning our lovely troll is back. He is under the name Petro89 using fake heat under JSMITH *** He is this same guy LINK

I had to start a thread because he is currently online and probably pming people as I type this. DONT SEND HIM ANYTHING!

He made another 15 heatware accounts to give himself feedback. I already emailed the heatware mod to remove and delete all his feedback/account.

Mods feel free to lock/delete this as soon as hes banned. :p

EDIT: Woops I somehow missed the section lol...Mods can you move this : /

Hahah This Kid Never Learn. Someone needs to track down his I.P address.

he tried to sell me a video card.....lol...smelled him a mile a way...........not very good at scamming........lol........

I had already emailed the heatware peeps about his very suspicious and incestuous looking evals where the same crowd from the same freebie mail service were all trading evals amongst themselves.

As far as IPs go, this one's a total jetsetter.

Please, people, I can't stress enough how important it is to take precautions in trading. Someone offers you a deal that's too good to pass up and you get stars in your eyes and throw caution out the window. :rolleyes:

petro89 said:
umbra said:
petro89 said:
umbra said:
petro89 said:
umbra said:
petro89 said:
I'll ship my 7600gt for $140 to you. My heats under jsmith. LMK
what brand does it come with anything and have you oced it at all and what did it get too? I have heat under umbra!
BFG. Never oc'd it since it voids warrenty.
does it have vivo and how old is it? does it light up blue like the other bfg's? why are you selling it and would you consider a trade or partial payment first and full payment on arrival as you
are not well established as a trader yet?
Has vivo. Used it for about 4months. Got new card so I don't need it anymore. I can do $100 down $40 on arrival. LMK
I'm good with that.
give me some contact info on you
home phone#
cell phone#
name
home address
paypal email
Personal information redacted - VA
paypal:[email protected]
He tried to get me but he wouldn't respond to my pms about how to call his home. I was a little suspicious in the first place on account of his new account on [H] and his low feedback but the whole canada addy, no name, and the fact that he claimed the card has vivo when it doesn't were all flashing indicators about him look out :mad:

Thanks. I will add that paypal account info to my sticky about him on AT forum. The fbi now have a link to my sticky thread on him. :)

oh and I checked the home address and it won't turn up on google so it's probably bogus

I think it is time for the admin to set a Minimum # posts (50 -100) before allowing accounts to access the For Sale/Trade section.

bail_w said:
I think it is time for the admin to set a Minimum # posts (50 -100) before allowing accounts to access the For Sale/Trade section.
Its been discussed before, many times, and its not going to happen. Just trade smart.

bail_w said:
Except, that would be of no help, as this douschebag uses PM's.

:(.

BlackTigers91 said:
Except, that would be of no help, as this douschebag uses PM's.

:(.

If he cant access to the For Sale/ Trade section, how can he know which items people are looking for. After all, if he pm someone and offer them a deal that is too good to be true. Therefore, People would at least notice something wrong.

bail_w said:
If he cant access to the For Sale/ Trade section, how can he know which items people are looking for. After all, if he pm someone and offer them a deal that is too good to be true. Therefore, People would at least notice something wrong.
Oops, you're right. I read it as 'post' in the FS forum rather than the correct 'access'.

bail_w said:

I asked Kyle him self and I never got a reply but VA is right it would not help. I got his ip from a "unknown" sorce and it was only the one time his used it, And he has hit here 5 times after mine.
So like V.Acid says trade smart and lets stop this SOB or some one get a real addy and we will linch mob him!! :D JK

no not really.

lol.....he almost got me. I had a WTB and he calimed he had the items. I said that with 2 posts and only have joining the day before, low heat, and no pics that i wanted him to ship first. With my 67 heat he refused and i let my better judgment take over. Thank god for that. My gut said he was a scammer, turns out i was right ;)

cocoa999 said:
He got me... I should have known better. I've been busy and needed a cheap LCD ASAP so was rather careless. I've already reported this to Paypal. If anyone knows real contact information for this moron that will help me contact his local police please PM me.
So, are you saying you didn't get/verify contact info before trading?

You cant because hes using proxies. Banning his IP wont do anything : / He is all over [H], Anandtech, Redflagdeals and pcper.com He makes new names, new heat, paypal accounts every day.

Just be carefull.

Also, PM the mods his new name. Lethal bans him pretty quickly. :p

bail_w said:
sounds easy, but like that going to be helpful?

i dont think so.
Sending money to a user that just registered, has few, if any posts, and PMs you with a too good to be true deal is not trading smart. You don't see any experienced traders getting hit by this guy

VA

Vertigo Acid said:
Sending money to a user that just registered, has few, if any posts, and PMs you with a too good to be true deal is not trading smart. You don't see any experienced traders getting hit by this guy

VA

Retsam

Yes but I was increbily stupid.
frown.gif

All you guys were suggestion to "trade smart" etc etc, but you have to realize that sometimes on forums, there are deals that is too good to be true. Therefore, people would jump on it without confirm the contact information or check their heatware evals. As a result, experienced or new traders do get hit by this guy.

can't paypal seize the money once it knows the guy is defrauding people? I understand he has many dummy accounts, Is he sending the money to a bank account after he receives it or just buying stuff as soon as he has the money? I think paypal may be the way to snag this guy do to how it's how we send him money and how he gets it. If he's using a bank account then we can have paypal report him to the police at which point they take over. Or if he repeatedly sends the money from those dummy accounts to a main account then that could be a way to snag him too. Someone should see if they can contact paypal as they come down pretty hard on people who use their service for fraud.

umbra said:
can't paypal seize the money once it knows the guy is defrauding people? I understand he has many dummy accounts, Is he sending the money to a bank account after he receives it or just buying stuff as soon as he has the money? I think paypal may be the way to snag this guy do to how it's how we send him money and how he gets it. If he's using a bank account then we can have paypal report him to the police at which point they take over. Or if he repeatedly sends the money from those dummy accounts to a main account then that could be a way to snag him too. Someone should see if they can contact paypal as they come down pretty hard on people who use their service for fraud.

Obviously he is not that dumb enough to transfer the money to the bank account. Therefore, he will use it as soon as the money is sent such as on ebay.

I had a guy that was stupid that keylogged me and took the money out of my account and but it in his main paypal account... he got screwed over :) but ya he isn't that stupid i am sure he thoguht this out for some time. Theres always a flaw in things jsut have to look deeper.

then have paypal contact whoever he sent the money to and have that seller give up his mailing address some may refuse but if he has trolled a good deal of people one of those companies might be willing to divulge the shipping addy to prevent further trolling.

this !!!! responded to my WTB thread
he stole $70 via PP
the next day he stopped responding and i found out he was a scammer
i placed a complaint with paypal and and opened up a dispute.
i escallated it a few days later and soon he provided a bullshit tracking number.
im pretty sure PP has the $$$ and ill get it back when the dispute date closes.

but yea..SOB

bail_w said:
All you guys were suggestion to "trade smart" etc etc, but you have to realize that sometimes on forums, there are deals that is too good to be true. Therefore, people would jump on it without confirm the contact information or check their heatware evals. As a result, experienced or new traders do get hit by this guy.
Well, I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree. Experienced traders go on more than numbers for feedback. They confirm identities. They don't deal with *brand* *new* members PMing them with unbelievable deals. I'm not saying people don't make mistakes, but come on now. Greed on both sides of the transaction is the reason people get trolled.

VA

I'm pretty sure he's the guy that trolled me. I have a name but I don't know if it's real. PM me if a mod wants it.

Back