Trouble installing XP OS

I built my first computer recently. Everything is set up properly. My friend has a Windows XP disc that he gave me to use. I put it in my computer but I kept getting the message: "No boot disk....Insert bootable disk" (something along those lines).

I put the disc in two of my computers and when I do, the message of "Would you like to install XP" pops up. I thought that the drive I put in my built PC couldn't boot so I put one of the drives from my other computer in it. Still no luck.

Yesterday for some reason, I wasn't able to get into the BIOS menu. When I turned it on, the Intel logo was up along with the "Press F2 for BIOS" thing. I kept pressing F2 and nothing.

I went back to it today, and was able to get into the BIOS menu. Checked it to make sure the new drive was detected. When I exited, this line appeared on the black menu "Setup Entry Key Detected". Never saw it before. It stayed there and after awhile, went back to the "No bootable disk..." message. I turned it off, went to BIOS, exited and the "Setup..." message was still there. Put the XP disc but nothing.

I'm really unsure of what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated. I apologize if this is not in the correct section.

Back