Trouble overclocking with 3700 San Diego

Add 'em

Limp Gawd
Because of the weirdness with A64s and memory dividers (plus poorly overclocking RAM), I am stuck with the 166Mhz divider which underclocks my DDR400 sticks of RAM to about 187Mhz. I wasn't happy with this, so I decided to try the 183Mhz divider through A64Tweaker, which brings my RAM up to the stock speed of 200Mhz. Soon after doing this, though, Windows errors and the computer restarts. Normally, my memory runs just fine at stock in any other situation. I am confused as to why it's not stable here. Any help is appreciated.

Give us some more details man!

FSB Speed
CPU Multi
HTT Multi
Memory Brand? Model? Timings?
Voltages?

At a glance it just seems like you don't have overclocking memory, which means you'll have to be content with running it un-overclocked. You could always try OCing it though, give it some volts and loosen the timings... put it at a 1:1 divider, low the multiplier, raise the HTT and see how far the memory goes. Use this limit to find out where your best 24/7 setting would be.

I'm not overclocking it, that's the thing. The memory divider I put it at runs the RAM at the stock 200MHz. In separate testing, the RAM was good up to 225MHz with the timings I'm using. That's what confuses me.

The FSB is at 238Mhz, CPU multiplier of 11x, HT link multiplier 3x. This is Corsair XMS memory running 2.5-3-3-8. Most voltage I can give it with my motherboard is 2.9V.

Also, on a related note (perhaps), I can't get my system (a Shuttle SN95G5) to boot Windows for FSB greater than 250, seemingly no matter what I try.

well about not booting @ 250 FSB...

depending on ur vcore of course it wont!

250x11 = 2750, the CPU speed, which is prolly keeping it from booting...

tell us the vcore on ur processor then answer this question

did you read eclipses oc tutorial and follow it?

Oh, no no. I mean 250x10. I followed the guide exactly.

In testing, the mobo was good up to 267Mhz. And my vcore is 1.45V. Are there issues with certain HT link multis? I feel like perhaps that is it. Because when I go above 250 FSB, I always bump down the multi to 3x so as not to go above the 1GHz threshold. Is it bad for this to end up just a little above 1GHz, say 260x4?

Back