trouble pulling an IP

Cigolon

Gawd
i'm having connection problems. running xp pro and last night i went offline. can't connect anymore. went offline after i booted into safe mode to see if safe with networking support worked alright.

now,
when i go into cmd to refresh renew i can't renew. get the message 'cannot find the specified file'. i've replaced the nic (not onboard), i've switched pci slots on the MB, changed the router it was hooked to in case it blew, reformated windows, repaired the network connections, and the drivers are all good. no conflicts in device manager. advanced nic settings are proper.

mb is a asrock with uli chipset. nics tried are gigabit / realtek, tried a dlink and linksys router, wired and wireless respectively

i'm out of ideas for what to do. you guys have anything?

i also enjoy long walks on the beach.

edit : just installed service pack 2. now i get the message 'the rpc server is not avaliable'

So you have inbuilt motherboard nic and you are trying to install another network card pci ritght?

He says he "reformated windows" in his first post. So I would assume he is clean from all those goodies. That was my first guess, you are loaded with virus/spyware/maleware/rogue.

Change your network cable? Are you overclocked at all? Cable modem direct connect failed?

Back