troubleshoot me. why won't I post when I always have

G'ßöö

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a SN95G5 (ver 1.x) with an amd64 3500, 2x512 OCZ el plat 3200 ram, 6600GT, 1 sata drive anda audigy2 that has stability probs. nothing has been changed in it for almost a year working great all along but two days ago it started having posting issues (no beeps)

I've removed everything hardware wise and cleaned/reseated, it has the latest bios and nforce3 drivers but what I've narrowed it down to is the 2nd ram slot. if I put both ram in it won't post (but it was posting for a bit then crashing in windows but not now), but either ram work individually and other ram too but only in single mode. its the only hardware I can remove and have it boot and work no prob. another power supply gives the same results as well...ram is set according to 2.2.2.5 timings and all bios settings are on AUTO and seem fine as they've always been. I've set the cpu to 1.5V and the ram to 2.7V with no change. with the 2nd ram slot occupied it will not post

I'm at a loss. is the 2nd slot just somehow decided to piss me off and die or? thanks in advance!

yeah must agree... I see thier support is only for 12 months so an RMA is out. I've had it for about 20. go figger. sadly, it will be the last shuttle product I purchase

EDIT: so I try a 1 gig stick from my main gaming machine into this shuttle and it won't f'ing boot. anything over 512 pooches it? uG! :confused:

this must be overclocking...

40 views and 1 response? doh! hehe..maybe this will help someone one day tho ...

I got it all going again, nothing has died but I have no clue what it was. I removed the whole chassis and cleaned and rethermaled again and its werking just fine. a nice 16hours spent!??!

cheers!

Back