TRUE

XpediencY

Gawd
Where do you guys recommend buying this? (cheap and a reliable site)

And what kind of 120mm fan is good to use on it?

Would this do the trick? This one comes with adapters for all sockets (775/i7AM2/AM3)? I've only seen one with one or the other, never all 4.
http://www.directron.com/u120erevc.html

Last edited:
Where do you guys recommend buying this? (cheap and a reliable site)

And what kind of 120mm fan is good to use on it?

Would this do the trick? This one comes with adapters for all sockets (775/i7AM2/AM3)? I've only seen one with one or the other, never all 4.
http://www.directron.com/u120erevc.html

That TRUE is the Rev. C. What all changes have been done from the normal TRUE I don't know, other than the "V" shaped hole in the fins. Other wise it's the same weight, heatpipes, etc. The normal TRUE can be had here for $46.99.

That TRUE is the Rev. C. What all changes have been done from the normal TRUE I don't know, other than the "V" shaped hole in the fins. Other wise it's the same weight, heatpipes, etc. The normal TRUE can be had here for $46.99.

Thanks, you think I should get the original over rev C? ~$10 isn't really an issue for me.

Thanks, you think I should get the original over rev C? ~$10 isn't really an issue for me.

If it was me buying it...I would get the newer one just to see how it works, I am wondering if it does any good, I mean they had a awesome cooler to start with, why spend money changing it if not for the better? From the photos the base looked nicer, but those are only photos. If you do get it be sure to post up some temps, I would really like to see how it performs with the normal TRUE.

Also, if you are still looking for a fan, my choice for a 25mm fan would be the GT fans, you might want to get a higher RPM model than in the link if you have a controller or don't mind the extra noise.

Yea, I think I'm going to order that Rev C tomorrow. My tuniq tower idles my Q6600 at ~45C - 55C @ 3.2ghz right now, so I'm hoping for some great improvement.

I was thinking of something like this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185054

133.60 CFM vs. 37 CFM with the one you showed me.

Except 45dBA vs. 16 dBA.

Not really sure how loud 45 is, could anyone give me an example? lol

Just want something that can dissipate massive amounts of heat, without that much noise.

Last edited:
Yea, I think I'm going to order that Rev C tomorrow. My tuniq tower idles my Q6600 at ~45C - 55C @ 3.2ghz right now, so I'm hoping for some great improvement.

I was thinking of something like this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185054

133.60 CFM vs. 37 CFM with the one you showed me.

Except 45dBA vs. 16 dBA.

Not really sure how loud 45 is, could anyone give me an example? lol

Just want something that can dissipate massive amounts of heat, without that much noise.

The ultra kaze fans are over kill, once you go over a given CFM the noise to temp drop gets really out there, the point I have seen is about 60-70CFM anything more than that and you will not get much more of a drop in temps. On the fan I am running now I might see a 5C drop from 900rpm to full speed at 1700rpm, and the noise is just not worth it. Also, keep in mind that for every 10dBA the perceived sound level doubles, so that fan is 3 times louder than the one i listed (according to mfg specs), and you also have to think about tone and things such as clicking when undervolted, as you will without a doubt have to undervolt the kaze.

Ultra Kaze here.

GT here (1850rpm model).

The ultra kaze fans are over kill, once you go over a given CFM the noise to temp drop gets really out there, the point I have seen is about 60-70CFM anything more than that and you will not get much more of a drop in temps. On the fan I am running now I might see a 5C drop from 900rpm to full speed at 1700rpm, and the noise is just not worth it. Also, keep in mind that for every 10dBA the perceived sound level doubles, so that fan is 3 times louder than the one i listed (according to mfg specs), and you also have to think about tone and things such as clicking when undervolted, as you will without a doubt have to undervolt the kaze.

Ultra Kaze here.

GT here (1850rpm model).

1x2x2=4 not three ;)

Back