Trying to decide which LCD monitor to get

Hyundai L90D+ from this end, love mine

day8xt.jpg

i have an L90D+ and it's pretty good. the top is somewhat darker than the bottom which still bugs me every so often, but other than that it's nice. My friend just fell in love with his new 930B so i'd recommend either of those.

I'd pick the Dell, simply because it has a superior IPS panel. Also, you can get it for a lot cheaper than that if you wait for a sale/coupons.

I was in your same shoes literally 24 hr's ago. I chose to go w/ the L90D+ b/c it was the price range/performance I was looking for.

I wanted the 2005fp, but I missed out on the coupon and it is a bit beyond my price point...so that said...that's why I didn't go w/ the 930B which imho is a better monitor but is way more...I guess it will all depend on your price point.

Keep us posted on what you decide

Out of those choices I'd go with the 2005FPW. I was in the same spot a few months ago, trying to find the perfect 19" LCD to replace my 19" CRT but learned of the 2005FPW and it piqued my interest in widescreens, I went with the 2405FPW so I wouldn't lose any vertical space from coming from my 19" CRT but the 2005FPW should be choice, 12ms is plenty fast enough for games plus you get the benefits of having a wider viewing angles, more colors, and Dell's warranty policy in case you end up with something you don't like.

I have a L90D+ and love it. I use it to play CS:S and watch DVD's quite a bit. For how cheap it is, you can't go wrong.

Right now I'm looking at the hyundai L90D+ because of the price and the response time is 8ms, which I guess from my understading is great for games and movies. But the Dell 2005 also seems like a great choice too but it has a 12ms response time. Is there really a great difference between 12ms and 8ms for example if I play Call Of Duty would I notice anything different?

jaded25 said:
Right now I'm looking at the hyundai L90D+ because of the price and the response time is 8ms, which I guess from my understading is great for games and movies. But the Dell 2005 also seems like a great choice too but it has a 12ms response time. Is there really a great difference between 12ms and 8ms for example if I play Call Of Duty would I notice anything different?

there's a thread on the 2005fp's here that there is "some" ghosting when playing FPS games, as far as the L90D+ I've read that it's great for games but lacks viewing angle when your watching a dvd.

btw after I purchased my L90D+ (it will be here friday) I found that BB is selling the 930B for 429.99 w/ 80.00 MIR so that's a great price. So for those of you on the fence, just check out your local BnM BB, so if I have any dead pixels or gripes I'll be going w/ the 930B

OMG Dell Ultrasharp 2005FPW best computer purchase i ever made. Go wide screen.

I just ordered the 2005FPW today. I can't wait!. I am using a huge 19in CRT right now that takes up half my desk.

I switched from a 19" CRT to the Dell 2005FPW. I could never go back.
Over the few weeks that I've used it, I noticed a little backlighting in two of the corners, but it's nothing I'd complain about. The screen has to be black to even see it.
I also did some temporary time with a Viewsonic VP912B. Too bright and dot pitch is way too high. 19" LCD's are not the best choice right now.
Both it and the 2005FPW are fast enough for any game though. I never see any ghosting.
Sacred, Doom 3, Call of Duty, etc.
The 2005FPW does have the advantage of being able to support widescreen modes for games (if your computer can handle the resolution), plus it's naturally made to watch videos in widescreen mode. 720p looks amazing on this thing.

Just ordered a Dell 2005 but it was tough choice. But was convinced by the other thread for the Dell 2005 and by everyone's responses. Thanks for everyones input

jaded25 said:
Just ordered a Dell 2005 but it was tough choice. But was convinced by the other thread for the Dell 2005 and by everyone's responses. Thanks for everyones input

welcome to the club.

Back