Trying to output audio only through HDMI on GTX 660

MrGlobe

Gawd
TIA for any advice you can give, here is the setup:

Evga GTX 660 superclocked
Dell 2405fpw (19x12 resolution) connected through DVI-I
Yamaha 5.1 receiver connected through HDMI

I want to use the HDMI port to output audio only, and the DVI port to output video only. The only time that I can get the audio to work, is when the computer is set to dual displays and "duplicate display" so both the HDMI and DVI receive the same signal. The problem with that, is that the Yamaha receiver can only receive a 1080p signal max, which limits the resolution of the Dell 2405fpw to 1920x1080 instead of it's native 1920x1200.

Can anyone give advice on how to output audio ONLY through HDMI? The motherboard is a Biostar TA890GXB with an HDMI output, however, I was unable to get audio output to work through that as well.

HDMI HDCP requires a video signal and audio signal together... so i think its not possible unless you create some kind of custom sound file like this however not always work.. and should be very specified for your audio Device..

Thanks for the info. Everything I've read agrees with you, that its not possible to split audio from video. I think my question has changed to "How can I force the video card to output 1920x1200 instead of 1080p"

Thanks for the info. Everything I've read agrees with you, that its not possible to split audio from video. I think my question has changed to "How can I force the video card to output 1920x1200 instead of 1080p"

u tried in the desktop right click-> display resolution -> multi-display-> extend screen and then select your monitor as main screen. when screen are extended you can select different resolutions for each screen.. then you go to control panel -> hardware and sound -> sound.. then select the predetermined output on the NVIDIA HDMI audio port 1, 2 or 3. depend on wich are your sound device connected...

Back