TSMC 7nm utilization will be at full capacity in third quarter

gigaxtreme1

2[H]4U
From Digitimes,TSMC 7nm ramping fast in 3rd quarter. "With handset chip clients stepping up their pace of advanced chip orders, TSMC is expected to see its 7nm manufacturing processes run at full utilization in the third quarter of 2019, the sources indicated"
AMD set to see jump in orders in second half. "Because of Intel's CPU shortages, Hewlett-Packard (HP) and Lenovo have been placing orders for AMD's CPUs for their notebooks since the second half of 2018, while Asustek Computer has adopted AMD's solutions in a couple of its gaming notebooks that have achieved better-than-expected sales. Acer and HP have also been using AMD's platform for their Chromebooks. With the increasing adoption, AMD is expected to see its share significantly increase in the notebook market."

I hope this doesn't result in supply issues of upcoming 7nm GPU's and AMD's 7nm CPU's.

Mobile devices always seem to snap up all the latest smallest process node capacity first :(

I hope this doesn't result in supply issues of upcoming 7nm GPU's and AMD's 7nm CPU's.

Mobile devices always seem to snap up all the latest smallest process node capacity first :(

Priority goes to whoever is willing to pay the most and that’s Apple.

Apple cut back on their allocation earlier if I remember correctly. They may be ramping on available runs. Could be the reasoning behind this story.

Back