TT Big Typhoon

DPGX

Limp Gawd
Ok I had a Zalman CNPS7000 before this, and although it looked nicer and was much smaller, my Pentium D ran a little on the warm side. In Sisoft Burn-In sessions (15 Cycles of CPU Multimedia and arithmetic) it would hit temperatures as high as 54C although sisoft does stress both cores on my pentium d I wasnt comfortable with this temperature. Now since I switched over to this Thermaltake Heatsink, without the Ceramique even having a chance to set, Im hitting a mere 38C load with the same scenario. This to me is damned impressive, a 16C drop when I was using a pretty decent heatsink prior to this. I cant say enough about it, the install was a bit of a pain but other than that Im overly impressed right now. Its extremely quiet as well, probably about the same volume as my Zalman was. The one negative is that this thing is TALL. It clears my side fan in my case by less than an inch. If anyone has any questions let me know but I truely love this thing so far :)

I know that my 7700AlCu sucks. :( It's only 1 degree better than my old 7000AlCu and the fan doesn't go above 1600rpm. Poo on Zalman, I say. Thanks for the TT BT info!

That's cause the 7700 only offers a slight increase in surface area compared to the 7000 series.

I wanted the 120mm fan with higher RPMs and the larger fins, not just the larger surface area of the heatsink. Since the fan does NOT go to 2000rpm, I'm disappointed. I also looked at Zalman's support forum and others had the same problem. Poo on Zalman! I should have just bought the XP-90 and been done with it. :mad:

Isn't there a thread floating around that modded the Zalman to fit a 120mmx38mm fan blades in it. I think they just swapped the fan out...no modding needed.

soon as i can pick up some batterys for my cam, i love this pc now, for the first time in a while im pretty content although I still want a 7800GTX for it :)

As much as people knock Thermaltake (myself included for their cases) their HS/F combos are really nice. I had a Volcano 12 and while it was pretty loud it kept my mobile 2500 overclocked 900mhz @ 39c idle 45c load. I bought an XP-90c for my A64 and feel as though its a worthless piece of crap compared to my Volcano 12. According to eVGA bios I'm idling at 46c with a load temp of 61c. I'm hoping the eVGA bios reading are 10c or so off but chances are the XP-90c is just crappy. If it turns out my bios readings are correct and are not 10c or higher off I'm tossing this XP-90c in the trash and hopping all over this HS/F combo by Thermaltake.

since that xp 90c is such crap ill pay the shipping and you can send it to me instead of the trash. :) pm me if ur interested. ;)

Back