TT Lanbox but what heatsink?

GlowingBurrito

Weaksauce
I'm looking at the TT Lanbox Lite for a Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H AM3 board along with a Phenom II 720. I sort of stumbled onto a roadblock as to what heatsink would fit in the case and the board. I do plan on overclocking the cpu and have already tested to see if the 4th core would unlock (which it did). Any suggestions would be great.

If you can fit the Corsair H50's radiator in there with an intake fan go for it.
It would be nice to see some more pictures than what is posted here but I think it will fit.
http://www.thermaltake.com/product_info.aspx?PARENT_CID=C_00000047&id=C_00000254&name=LANBOX&ovid=
I think you could position the intake fan and radiator at the top, then use the back fans to suck the air and blow it out the back (in a push-pull configuration) using some kind of tunnel for the air.
Should beat probably any air cooler. (that you can fit anyway)
Make sure you still have airflow into the case if you go that route.

Edit: If the PSU goes on the top you will have to get a little more creative to fit the radiator in there...

Last edited:
I had a lanbox lite, with a ASUS P5E-VM-HDMI motherboard along with a Zalman CNPS 7700 cooler. It fits perfectly.

I use a Thermalright AXP-140 with a 120mm vantec stealth on it.. very similar to the Scythe hsf Redleader linked.

Back