TUF GAMING B760M-PLUS WIFI II - VRM Heatsink Height?

JMcQueen

Limp Gawd
Does anyone know the VRM heatsink height on this board? Its going into a passively cooled case so I need to check the clearance for the heat pinks and there's no information available on the Asus website.

Last edited:
How close will you be cutting it? They are typically a little bit shorter than the I/O shield.

The cooling block is about 35mm and I may be able to bend the pipes a little bit to drop down over the VRM but nothing huge.

You can tell by the official pictures, the heatsinks are a little shorter than the IO sheild. And the plastic shroud which covers the back panel connections, is a teensy bit taller than the I/O shield. If you have something which sits tightly over that area, you may need to remove that plastic shroud.

I've bought one and will have a look. Picked it up for £140 so not a huge risk if I need to take a dremel to it😁

Assuming there are problems, my plan is to try and bend the heat pip up and over the cooler or just use a dremel to cut a channel in the VRM heatsink. I've no intention of overclocking so the heat wont be a concern.

Just got an email from Asus to say that the heatsink height is 39.67mm so only need to make 4-5mm of 'adjustment'.

Reactions: Nobu
like this
Back