Tuner Card on Vista x64

l3ender

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey guys, I'm close to buying a tuner card and I'm not quite sure where to go. I'll basically be using it to record but I want to be sure it will still be able to be used after next February.

Right now I'm looking at the Sapphire 650 Pro or the Hauppauge 1600 MCE. I can't tell if the Sapphire will be compatible after the switch to digital stuff, and I've heard of issues with Hauppauge and 64-bit Vista.

What's the better route to go? Or is there another alternative that is in the same price range (around $100 or less)? Thanks.

Better not be issues with Happauge and Vista 64bit. I bought the 1800 version and it says its compatible! Better be!

I know dvico has had 64 bit drivers for a long time. The only trouble with them is only a couple places actually sell the cards. http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/ENG/Products/ I have a fusion 5 from them, i don't know how the new fusion 7 is.

How is your Fusion5? What OS are you running? The FusionHDTV7 Cool really catches my eye, has anyone had experience with such?

Thanks for the link, BTW.

i have a friend that runs an ati 650 on 64 bit vista with no problems he likes it a lot

I really like my fusion 5 gold. It did work well with Vista 32 bit home premium Media center, but microsoft has the wrong physical channels for a couple stations now so they dont tune :) I like the dvico software for live viewing though, its just more annoying to schedule shows in than media center. Mine came with a remote that works for media center as well(but doesnt seem to for their own software?).

I also have a hauppauge 950 atsc tuner, but the drivers are junk (cant even get the app to work in vista, but mce works with it). But the dvico tunes in signals better than the hauppage so i mainly use the dvico.

Im planning on buying another dvico, but i havent gotten around to figuring out where i bought it from last time and what my account info is. If they sold it on newegg or amazon i would have bought a 2nd card a while ago.

Just picked up the Hauppauge HVR 1250 from someone on the forums here, and it works great under Vista x64.

Back