Turn Everyday Objects into a Touchpad

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Two MIT doctorial students have come up with a kit that will make your computing experience just a bit more interesting. The device is called a MaKey MaKey and can turn practically any object into a touchpad with some very interesting variations. :D

Now I know why Microsoft released Metro interface, Steve Ballmer envisioned controlling the OS with a banana.

it is cool to watch, but there's almost no appropriate outcome that would warrant tethering my arm or body to my computer to do anything. I even hate corded mice.

But hey, free arduino with purchase...

I think combining this input device with something like the raspberry pi, gumstix, or other small arm based embedded system on a chip has some potential. I'm quite paranoid of having my motorcycle stolen, so if I got an email when something touched my motorcycle that would be pretty cool.

I really wish people would realize how inefficient touch screen anything is.

I think combining this input device with something like the raspberry pi, gumstix, or other small arm based embedded system on a chip has some potential. I'm quite paranoid of having my motorcycle stolen, so if I got an email when something touched my motorcycle that would be pretty cool.

One contact point on each handle might work. They'd have to touch two points to complete the circuit and they'd have to be touching with bare skin (unless for some reason they're soaked in salt water).

Back