TV on separate monitor possible?

Rhentno

2[H]4U
Hello. I have a question about using dual displays. Essentially I would like to browse the internet, use a game editor etc. on my 21" CRT while at the same time, watch a basketball game on a separate LCD, say 15 inches, on the same computer. Is this possible and if so, what would I need to accomplish it? Thanks for all advise.

Yeah, that would be pretty easy, just enable the second monitor as an extension of your desktop through the display properties and open whatever application that you wish to use to view TV in that second display. What OS are you running and do you have a TV tuner, etc.

I do that currently and have vista media center open on my 32" while I can use the internet etc on my normal LCD. Another cool thing that you can do is because I'm using HDMI to my 32", I can send the MCE sounds to the TV while delivering all other sounds to my desktop speakers. pretty cool I think.

Thanks a lot for the info. I have a Theatrix 550, (ATI 550), and it works pretty well. I would like a 650 as it has HDTV capabilities and that would probably be better for what I want. Thanks again.

Back