TV Tuner Software

jbweldon04

n00b
I have an ATI tv tuner card, but the software that comes with it is crappy. I want some third party software for it, but no clue where to look, or what is good out there.
Anyone with ideas or suggestions for me?

SageTV has a nice advantage over BeyondTV; it can use the Haupaugge media extender (aka Media MVP) as a client. This is great for a few reasons; the picture quality out of that little box is way beyond anything I've ever been able to get out of the tv-out of any video card (not even mentioning the pain of setting up an entire PC even if small, as a client, as opposed to the plug and play MVP). Also, Sage has exploited the MVP in ways some thought wasn't even possible. Most notably, SageTV lets you play ripped DVDs over the media extender (including menus and all).

I have never tried BeyondTV but I know it has some cool features as well. The consensus is that the 10 foot interface is better (it's true that Sage's is a little dull). Honestly I don't think you'd be disappointed by either. I just happen to use SageTV and love it.

Back