TVs with DVB-S(2) tuners: can they control a motorized dish?

courteous

Weaksauce
Do modern built-in DVB-S tuners allow for DiSEqC / USALS control of motorized satellite dishes?

If they do, there is no need for HTPC internal DVB-S(2) tuner, is there? :confused: I mean, except if you'd want to record something (or does the TV's built-in tuner do this also)?

PS. I did further Googling and query of "tv built in dvb-s tuner usals" gives my question as the 1st hit ... :) :(

Last edited:
Please, does anybody know how much functionality/capability do those built-in tuners have? I guess not much (how much?), otherwise people wouldn't be buying discrete/separate DVB-S[2] tuners ... or would they? :)

Not to debase [H] but you will likely have more luck with this at some active sat forums.

Due to legal gray areas most of them aren't indexed but if you look around for some FTA forums you may find some good info. You'll probably also have to get into IRC a bit.

There is an active community behind sat integration but it's moving more and more underground due to legal pressures.

Zangmonkey, thank you (very) much for your help. Much appreciated.

Still, if anybody has some knowledge on these built-in tuners, please don't hesitate to reply.

Back