Two dells U2410

tommy_mm

n00b
Hi,

I bought Dell U2410 a year ago and I received another one a week ago.
The colors on both monitors are slightly but noticeably different. For example white is more white on one monitor and more yellow on the other.
Is it possible to have same colors setup on both monitors without expensive calibration process?
Both monitors are connected to the same PC.

Is it possible to download somehow firmware from the older Dell and than use it on the newer one? . It has colors setup which I prefer.

Are you sure it isn't the calibrated settings that needs to be matched on both monitors? Or are they on different settings? It may be as simple as that

are there any new revisions for those monitors? maybe they have different panels being they are 1 year apart from your previous purchase...

You can enter the service menu to modify the RGB numbers to change the temperature of each preset (srgb, adobergb, etc):

With the monitor off, with your fingers cover and hold the "brightness/contrast" and "menu" buttons, now power on the monitor, wait for lights lit... and thats it. :) . Keep trying if doesnt work the first time.

EDIT: take note of the default settings first!, you cant "reset to default" this menu.

Last edited:
I was trying to get the factory test mode but I think it is impossible. My finger are hurting from pressing those buttons.

I followed the instruction:

Hold the Brightness/Menu buttons quite firm. Now when you power on the buttons light up like normal. When the lights reach the top (the Presets Mode button) you're still holding down.. you don't let go. The Presets Mode light will then turn off and back on again. When that happens all the button lights now stay lit - When it does that you're in test mode. You use the presets button to bring up the Factory Menu on the left side of the screen.

I was able to get to the point where the button lights stay lit but pressing preset button did not wake up Factory Menu unfortunately. :(

I will appreciate any suggestions.

Back