Two LCD's. Same Make. Slightly Different Hue/Shade/Color. Calibration?

anotherguy159

2[H]4U
Howdy partners!

I have two Samsung SyncMaster 175v's. 17 LCD's. Not the TOP of the line, but not a Kogi.

They rock. I love them. Love duals.

But...I cannot, for the life-of-fucking-me get the colors spot on.

One has a reddish hue, one has a blueish hue. I've reset everything a million times on the built-in settings, the video card...

My questions are as follow:

1. Do you know good monitor calibration tools? Any made for duals?

2. Do you have any techniques for calibratiing two video screens?

3. Any websites with said information?

4. Any professionals/services that do this?

5. Anyone in Santa Clarita or within a distance that can calibrate monitors?

Thank you guys!!! <3

sounds as if the monitors' color temperatures have been set differently. blueish hues are the "cool" temperature settings on monitors, while redish hues are the "warm" setting. Try looking for something like that on the monitor's controls

Nuclear_Eclipse said:
sounds as if the monitors' color temperatures have been set differently. blueish hues are the "cool" temperature settings on monitors, while redish hues are the "warm" setting. Try looking for something like that on the monitor's controls
I have. Still not the right tone.

What vid card are you running these on? When I was running a pair of 17" LCD's I had the same problem using an Nvidia card...it was the video card. One monitor runs off the DVI port the other off the analog. Switching the outputs moved the color differences between monitors...I am betting you might have the same issue?

I am running duals right now, but my main is a 19" LCD and my secondary is an older 15" that I place my flight sim controls, winamp, vid editing tools, etc. on. So yeah I have color differences now but it is obvious why ;)

Back