Two New Viewsonic Monitors That Look Good

KeithM

n00b
Anyone seen/heard of the Viewsonic VP2030b or VP2130b yet? 20" and 21" monitors respectively with 1600x1200 resolution, 8ms(gtg) 16 ms(bwb) response time, 1000:1 contrast ratio.

I am looking for a 20" or 21" 1600x1200 res. monitor and it looks like a couple more choices just came out. And when I say "came out" I mean came out of NOWHERE! I never heard of either of these new models and then when I was checking out Dells monitor page I saw them selling the vp2030b.

Viewsonic VP2030b

VP2130b

Dell

Well, I did it. I ordered a VP2030b from Dell. On paper, it looks exactly like what I want in an LCD monitor; fast response time, high contrast ratio, high resolution, small dot pitch. And if the reality of it ends up not being as good as it looks on paper, well, thats why I ordered it from Dell(21 day satisfaction guarantee) so I'll just be out the money to ship it back. I'll let everyone on here know what I think of it after getting it(of course this may be a little while - the site said 1 - 2 weeks before shipment).

Edit: And now that I read the e-mailed receipt, it says estimated shipping date December 5th, so closer to 3 weeks :(

I'm sure interested in this, primarily about the gaming and DVD viewing part of this. The 16ms in the VP201b sure doesn't cut it, so I'd like to see how this will do.

The 16 ms is black-to-white-to-black change speed for the VP201.
Based on the characteristics of the integrated S-IPS panel it can be assumed that the gray-to-gray value is 8ms.

Back