Two Worlds is the best computer game/RPG I've played in some time

Just played the demo, does the combat ever get any better? My guy swung his sword around like he was half blind and half the time just missed everything.

It seemed every weapon had some canned combo animations and none of them were very effective.

Game seems to have a pretty big scope though, I'm thinking the demo really doesn't do it justice.

Dexterity in the game sucks at first, and so does the damage. Dex is very important in this game for melee combat compared to D2, Titan, etc.

I don't wanna spoil too much (if thats even plausible in the demo), but the weapons get far better throughout the game, adding attributes.

Where's all the reviews?? =(

Given the premise of this game, I of course want it to be awesome. But I don't know... I just have kind of a bad feeling. Perhaps Gothic 3 left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm thinking I'll just rent it on 360 to get a feel for the game. I'd rather play on the PC though.

I have it on preorder on Amazon, and ship date is delayed to end of the month.

anyone else preorder it?

Played the demo for 2 hours....combat sucks ass, but overall its a fun game, while im playing it i just keep thinking... I'd rather be playing oblivion, hopefully online is more fun, I already have it preordered but im thinking im better off buying bioshock :(

Played the demo for 2 hours....combat sucks ass, but overall its a fun game, while im playing it i just keep thinking... I'd rather be playing oblivion, hopefully online is more fun, I already have it preordered but im thinking im better off buying bioshock :(

that's funny when I was playing Oblivion I wished I was playing something else :)

So is this game EVER going to get released or what?

I think it's a good sign that developers are more concerned with getting it right, then throwing it out there. If you frequent the developer's forums, they actively speak with the community, and tailor the patches directly to their requests and findings... that's something you just don't see anymore.

just downloaded the demo, and im rather impressed. it ran like a dog on the standard graphical settings (maxed detail sliders, 2xaa), but once i turned it down to medium and no aa, it looked and ran great and only slowed down during heavy combat or right after loading a new area. its one of the first game ive played in a long time that made me genuinely want to explore the game world aimlessly, whether it was for a quest or no. the amount of real estate in the demo is very generous and has quite a few quests that, while in the vein of standard fed-ex fare, were very rewarding, if only for the loot i found along the way. the combat is little more then diablo-style click-fests, but i didnt particularly mind, since i enjoy diablo-style click-fests :D. overall, i encourage everyone to at least try this game, especially if theyre rpg fans.

just downloaded the demo, and im rather impressed. it ran like a dog on the standard graphical settings (maxed detail sliders, 2xaa), but once i turned it down to medium and no aa, it looked and ran great and only slowed down during heavy combat or right after loading a new area. its one of the first game ive played in a long time that made me genuinely want to explore the game world aimlessly, whether it was for a quest or no. the amount of real estate in the demo is very generous and has quite a few quests that, while in the vein of standard fed-ex fare, were very rewarding, if only for the loot i found along the way. the combat is little more then diablo-style click-fests, but i didnt particularly mind, since i enjoy diablo-style click-fests :D. overall, i encourage everyone to at least try this game, especially if theyre rpg fans.

Not sure how much stuff is in the demo, but the game itself is really huge... I only played half of it so far, and thats not doing all the quests, just wondering around.

I posted a map a few pages back, shows how big the world is, and what skills you can train / where to train them.

So is this game EVER going to get released or what?

Seems like all the sites are now saying 8/24, even Best Buy changed it's website to 8/24.

It's being advertised in Best Buy and Target's ad for next week, so I have to assume Friday is going to be the day - if not, then hopefully next week since it is being advertised and all.

I'm just wondering where the reviews are - I'm left with mixed feelings about the demo and I'm curious to see what the reviewers think of it. Anything under an 8 means I wait for a price drop and just enjoy Bioshock for now, anything over an 8 and I'll probably get it.

Seems like all the sites are now saying 8/24, even Best Buy changed it's website to 8/24.

It's being advertised in Best Buy and Target's ad for next week, so I have to assume Friday is going to be the day - if not, then hopefully next week since it is being advertised and all.

I'm just wondering where the reviews are - I'm left with mixed feelings about the demo and I'm curious to see what the reviewers think of it. Anything under an 8 means I wait for a price drop and just enjoy Bioshock for now, anything over an 8 and I'll probably get it.

it'll take them 3 months to finish the game in order to review it ;)

about 2 weeks ago, multiplayer has so many bugs its ridiculous, as well as single player, this game was a HUGE let down for me

I bought and installed it a week ago now, but haven't yet been able to pry myself away from Medieval 2: Total War: Kingdoms long enough to give it a spin. Perhaps this weekend.

I've had some time with the game and will offer my opinion if anyone still cares. :) The issues reported are actually quite accurate. (horse movement, voice acting, combat) Combat is very simplistic. Click, click, click. I win. Later in the game you become so powerful, that a couple of clicks and you are done.

Sound is fine. No real issues. Graphics are very good. Nice draw distances and nice landscape.

Voice acting is ok but alot of "thus and thous" mixed in with some "verily". Pretty frequent if you are annoyed by that sort of thing.

All in all, no major issues for me, but nothing spectacular. I think the demo is pretty accurate in showing what you can expect with the exception of what I wrote above about the character progression. Might want to save for the bargain bin.

Back