U2412M or U2410 for my uses?

richtea

n00b
Basically, I'm having real difficulty trying to decide which of the two monitors I should get and which one suites my needs best.

I will mainly be using the monitor for:

• Office Work
  • Programing
  • Gaming
  • Movies
  • Minor Photoshop Work

I can get the Dell U2412M for £279 in the UK, whereby the Dell U2410 costs £429. Might also be worth mentioning that I will most likely be getting two of either these monitors.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Unless you need the Wide Gamut, I don't personally see a need for the U2410. Or unless you really want the card reader that is. I know of those 2 choices I would get the U2412M.

if you are buying two then why not get U2412M and U2410? :confused:

same question and same using :D
but I have professional Photoshop Work and design programs and I am playing games a lot
there is another choice ASUS PA246Q .. what is best ips monitor for my use ?? my range 500$

Last edited:
Get the U2412M. Like others stated, unless you're doing crucial graphics/color work, the U2410 might be too much for your needs.

Basically, I'm having real difficulty trying to decide which of the two monitors I should get and which one suites my needs best.

I will mainly be using the monitor for:

2412 without a doubt. Higher contrast, less expensive, faster response with less input lag for gaming. Fine for light photoshop use.

same question and same using :D
but I have professional Photoshop Work and design programs and I am playing games a lot
there is another choice ASUS PA246Q .. what is best ips monitor for my use ?? my range 500$

Get the Dell 2410 for professional use. The Asus PA246Q is essentially same monitor, get the one that has the best price/case design/return policy. I prefer the Dell case design and they have great return policy and regular sales, so Dell IMO.

FYI, the 2412 uses e-IPS.

What sort of gaming will you be playing? If Non-FPS then check out some VA panels.

Back