U2711 or 3007WFP-HC?

quixotic

Gawd
A refurbished 3007WFP-HC from Dell Outlet costs a little less than a new U2711. For gaming and other uses, which one would be best? I plan to connect it to the available DisplayPort in the signature rig to use at max resolution.

Thanks

For gaming and other uses, which one would be best?
Depends on what "other uses" are. If that means image editing I would lean towards the U2711 because of its extensive electronic. But also games benefit from the quite good sRGB mode.

Best regards

Denis

A refurbished 3007WFP-HC from Dell Outlet costs a little less than a new U2711. For gaming and other uses, which one would be best? I plan to connect it to the available DisplayPort in the signature rig to use at max resolution.

Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the 3007WFP has a display port input. For that feature you will need to get the 3008WFP.
The U2711 does have DP built in, so you're good to go there.

I tend to enjoy wide screen gaming, so the U2711 suites me well. Also movies tend to fit best on a 16:9 screen, which is another reason why I bought the U2711 over the 3008WFP.

Thanks

On the one hand, I would say don't bother, because they used to have the 3007WFP-HC for under 800$ on Dell Outlet a year ago, when I made the best buy of my life.

On the other hand, the difference between 30" and 27" is huge, despite what you people who don't have both might think. You also get a slightly higher resolution, not to mention the prestige of owning the largest monitor available.

Only "problem", is that the 3007WFP-HC does not have anything but Dual-Link DVI. But that really don't matter.. I mean you do have a DVI output, you just prefer not to use it for some reason.

Looks like I confused the two 30" ones there. The reason I prefer to avoid using the remaining DVI is for future expansion with a second 2209wa, which also doesn't have DP. Now I wonder if it's best to wait for the 3008WFP to show up in the outlet.

You'll probably not hate either choice :)

Took a U2711 myself, but I prefer the tighter dot pitch and scaler/inputs. There are a TON of 3007 owners around here who don't seem to be very unhappy. Contrast is slightly better on the 2711, but not sure that'd translate to enough difference to notice visually. But that's at least something to note.

2711 would have better color, but you might not care on that score either. 2711 is smaller, which is nice imo, but again, not a big difference.

I'd bet you could go with either and be happy. "Refurb" might be something I'd avoid, but it's a great price :)

I sometimes feel bad for all the people playing bad company on there 24" i just got a 3007 about a week and half ago and i can tell you the size and picture quality is amazing and i love gaming on this bitch. I feel bad because you could see these mothers fuckers so much clearer now and bigger the red dot scope looks huge on this thing i just take people heads off. Oh just in case your wondering i came from a 2407, not the best out but definitely a nice monitor. I hope this helps.

You'll probably not hate either choice :)

Took a U2711 myself, but I prefer the tighter dot pitch and scaler/inputs. There are a TON of 3007 owners around here who don't seem to be very unhappy. Contrast is slightly better on the 2711, but not sure that'd translate to enough difference to notice visually. But that's at least something to note.

2711 would have better color, but you might not care on that score either. 2711 is smaller, which is nice imo, but again, not a big difference.

I'd bet you could go with either and be happy. "Refurb" might be something I'd avoid, but it's a great price :)

I like the slight biased tint in your post.

There are a TON of absolutely ecstatic 3007WFP-HC owners, as there have been for years.

There is, positively no way you could tell the difference between Dell's new and "refurbished" monitors.

I like the slight biased tint in your post.

There are a TON of absolutely ecstatic 3007WFP-HC owners, as there have been for years.

There is, positively no way you could tell the difference between Dell's new and "refurbished" monitors.

Other than how they are packed possibly. Some people get refurbed monitors in horribly packed boxes from Dell so if you buy one , do it over the phone and ask if they pack it like a new monitor and if/or they could.

Back