U3011 at 75 Hz?

Chrisroman

Gawd
Is it possible to run the U3011 in eyefinity at 75 Hz, and does it make any noticeable difference to do so?

Is it possible to run the U3011 in eyefinity at 75 Hz, and does it make any noticeable difference to do so?

Doubtful. If they'll run it then you can try to see if there is any noticeable difference, but I wouldn't count on it.

Regardless of what we are lead to believe, a 60hz monitor *SHOULD* look the same as a 120hz, or higher. There are exceptions of course, but a lot of factors determine how we actually perceive an image.

there are very few "true" 120hz monitors and they are only available at 24" and below.

A lot of the gimmick 120hz is frame interpolating(sp?) where they add a blank (usually black) frame between frames. This gives it the illusion of being 120hz while still being 60hz.

The difference between 60 Hz and 75 Hz can be noticeable. I'm fairly certain I could discern between the two refresh rates in a blind test.

As for the U3011 running at 75 Hz, I don't know. There's a thread in the Displays sub which lists LCDs that will go beyond 60 Hz, but I can't find that thread. If it does support 75 Hz, however, then there's no problem running them at 75 Hz in Eyefinity.

there are very few "true" 120hz monitors and they are only available at 24" and below.

A lot of the gimmick 120hz is frame interpolating(sp?) where they add a blank (usually black) frame between frames. This gives it the illusion of being 120hz while still being 60hz.
I'm not aware of any interpolating computer displays. What you're saying is true of many LCD TVs.

hey my Samsung is 27 inches and does 120hz :) and for FPS play it makes a difference - just feels smoother and more acurate.

Back