Uber Driver Naps While Passenger Drives, High Speed Police Chase Ensues

HardOCP News

[H] News
The level of stupid involved in this story is astronomical. Unless it was some sort of emergency, why in the world would an Uber driver let his passenger drive? Especially considering it was just so he could "take a nap." Both these idiots deserve whatever happens to them.

On Saturday, police said Carlos hired Uber driver Corey Robinson in Philadelphia to take him 200 miles to a college in central New York. After Robinson asked Carlos to take the wheel while he took a nap, a trooper clocked Carlos going 86 mph in a 65-mph zone on Interstate 81 near Binghamton, police said. The trooper tried to stop the car, but police said Carlos refused to stop.

Doesn't seem too funny to me. Pretty serious IMO. Plus when you are getting paid to do something, someone else should not be doing your job for you. And especially not illegally. I heard of a guy hiring an Indian overseas to do his IT job for him. The company found out and I believe he got sued.

Doesn't seem too funny to me. Pretty serious IMO. Plus when you are getting paid to do something, someone else should not be doing your job for you. And especially not illegally. I heard of a guy hiring an Indian overseas to do his IT job for him. The company found out and I believe he got sued.

And then they turned around and hired the same kind of people for the same reasons he did! (Maybe they didn't but it'd be the trend if they did.)

Allowing the passenger to drive without a license and he crashed. I doubt his insurance would cover it.

Last edited:
So much dumb, I was really expecting this to be The Onion or at least Florida-Man.

So much dumb, I was really expecting this to be The Onion or at least Florida-Man.

bugs-bunny-saws-off-florida.gif

Back