Ubisoft Apologizes For Far Cry 3 Server Issues

HardOCP News

[H] News
Ubisoft is apologizing for the server issues preventing people from playing the PC version of Far Cry 3. The quick workaround is to play in offline mode but this is still a huge mess.

We’re very sorry for the server issues affecting Far Cry 3 on PC and are working as fast as possible to restore the service.

I hear if you pirate the game you can get custom servers that work great... (I have no idea if that's true or not, I just made it up....).

Ubisoft.... WTF? Can't they get anything right these days?!

I am proud to admit since their debacle with their earlier titles' DRM i wasn't even following FC:3

Now this....hahaha. Way to make the people who PAID for the game suffer.

Never again will I pay for a game that requires always-on connection

Hey ... at least Europe is taking one for the team this time as they got the early release ... hopefully they will get their stuff sorted out before the US launch on the 4th :)

I got the game for free with the AMD bundle so I can't bitch too much. Still sad though.

This is what happens when you spend more time on the DRM servers than you do on the game servers. That's so Ubisoft

Ubisoft screwing up the PC version? No that never happened before...over and over again.

I am proud to admit since their debacle with their earlier titles' DRM i wasn't even following FC:3

Now this....hahaha. Way to make the people who PAID for the game suffer.

Never again will I pay for a game that requires always-on connection

It doesn't require an always on connection.

It doesn't require an always on connection.

My mistake. But it does require an active connection to the DRM server to validate the game before it will let you play. So it does requires an internet connection to play a single player game.

The only one who ever got that right was Steam.

My mistake. But it does require an active connection to the DRM server to validate the game before it will let you play. So it does requires an internet connection to play a single player game.

The only one who ever got that right was Steam.

Yea, it does the call-home activate.

I actually miss entering in CD keys.

this is why i dont buy ubishit games anymore.

and it makes me worry about how Watch Dog will turn out since its the only game from ubisoft on my radar.

Score again to DRM screwing up user experience. Way to go Ubisoft. Piracy didn't kill PC gaming, consoles did and crappy games did. Stop with the DRMadness.

So Ubisoft got rid of always on connection with 1 time connection and they still couldn't get it right?

So Ubisoft got rid of always on connection with 1 time connection and they still couldn't get it right?

Yup.

I'll buy this when the price drops to 9.99, and they get all the bugs out of it.

Just like Crysis2, lol.

I think I'll start a new FC2 game tonight...

I'm having this stupid issue that it says there are server issues when I press the escape button and when I try to return to the game the graphics look messed up and I can't even move, making the game unplayable. Does anybody else have this issue?

If you people thought Origin was terrible wait till you use the fucking piece of goddamn shit known as Yuplay WTF IS THIS GODDAMN MONKEY ASS SHIT THAT I CAN'T SEE ANY OF MY GAMES IVE EVER BOUGHT FROM UBISOFT AND CANT CHOOSE WHERE THE FUCK THE GAME EXTRACTS TEMP FILES TO?!?! FUCK UBISOFT FUCK YUPLAY FUCK THESE GODDAMN FRENCH MORONS.

If you people thought Origin was terrible wait till you use the fucking piece of goddamn shit known as Yuplay WTF IS THIS GODDAMN MONKEY ASS SHIT THAT I CAN'T SEE ANY OF MY GAMES IVE EVER BOUGHT FROM UBISOFT AND CANT CHOOSE WHERE THE FUCK THE GAME EXTRACTS TEMP FILES TO?!?! FUCK UBISOFT FUCK YUPLAY FUCK THESE GODDAMN FRENCH MORONS.

*ahem*

Excuse me, sir, but it's "Uplay"

*runs away*

Ummm...why the big outcry here? We are talking about a system still in 'early release' status only in Europe.

Seems people forget Steam's early days. ( inc steam defense force )

Traces back to DRM somehow. Almost guaranteed. They'll never admit it.

Still waiting on my game key. Had to use IE 7 to get their store website to even acknowledge my Nvidia promo code. No response from support or even an automated response from their store website. Wow. Just unreal that people work for ubisoft and get paid to take care of these things. Piss poor overall. Games are good, support sucks balls.

Still waiting on my game key. Had to use IE 7 to get their store website to even acknowledge my Nvidia promo code. No response from support or even an automated response from their store website. Wow. Just unreal that people work for ubisoft and get paid to take care of these things. Piss poor overall. Games are good, support sucks balls.

Same here...I opened up a ticket with the support...the response I got was after you use your promo code and 'purchase' the game, you will not recieve any confirmation email or acknowledgement until 12/4. What a shitty system.

Even after your download the game to another drive and extract it, it creates a %temp% directory on your C:\ drive to extract files in preparation for setup. You're essentially fucked if your C:\ drive doesn't have enough space on it to extract the files. Lame terrible system.

Ummm...why the big outcry here? We are talking about a system still in 'early release' status only in Europe.

Because there is no reason it should be happening?

UbiSoft or Steam....

these companies throw out these massive set ups and dont test them for sh*t, same with diablo III.. with the experience of WoW behind you, one would think Blizzard would be the last company to not know how to do it.

Back