Ubisoft DRM: the Anti-Pirate System That Will Probably Work

The multiplayer component is THE deal breaker for me. Valve just wipes the floor with the competition - that's why they're so successful. They know what gamers want (community, multiplayer, non intrusive DRM) and are fully open to the modding community. This is why PC gaming will always live, because even if the last developer on Earth stopped doing games for the PC, there's always the modding community providing more content for gamers to keep on playing the games they have.

in all the writing and bitching on the topic, everyone seems to be missing the most significant detail of this new system....everyone always assumes that all DRM will be broken immediately and pirated versions will appear instantly and anti-hacker measures never work...but this system is the one that will finally do a good enough job of holding off pirates...it won't hold them off forever but it will hold them long enough for the game to get its sales...

http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.com/2010/02/awful-anti-pirate-system-that-will.html

First off I can't believe any gamers actually support DRM. You pay your hard earned money and get treated like crap. This is the worst DRM I have ever seen. I sincerely hope that this game, and any other using this DRM, flops horribly. Maybe then they will back off form using it. I for one will be voting with my wallet and not buying it.

Back