UFO 2 Case with tri Rad

[RIP]Zeus

2[H]4U
As i had promised to a few people here is the begining of my new case and a few pics to go along with this...

I will be updating as i go along...... I need new batteries for my camera :D

This is the tri rad with 6, 120mm, 190CFM fans :D
314.jpg

My New pump... Eheim 1260 :D
315.jpg

And just a pic of a few things right now :D
316.jpg

I said it before...that's gonna one fricken load setup...but oh well.

I'll be watching to see how this turns out...but man...that PSU is way too plain for that case...it just looks wrong. :p

Armonkyi said:
SIX of those delta fans?
Your ears will be bleeding o_o

That's what I said at first...I remember having a single 120x38mm Delta @ 220cfm and frick was that loud....I can't even think of six. :eek: :D

honestly... it's not all that loud.. 80mm would be louder..

But my comp room is noisy anyways.. so it doesn't matter to me hehe

Oh and that PSU is just for testing hehehe ;)

I just came across a problem... the res i got from MM is leaking on the bottom :(

I just contacted Moutain Mods about this... waiting for reply...

If this doesn't work like i want it.. i am just going to install T line. I got a nice T line cap from DD... :p

[RIP]Zeus said:
honestly... it's not all that loud.. 80mm would be louder..

But my comp room is noisy anyways.. so it doesn't matter to me hehe

Oh and that PSU is just for testing hehehe ;)

Good to know the PSU isn't permanent...or I'd have to slap you. :p

cornelious0_0 said:
Good to know the PSU isn't permanent...or I'd have to slap you. :p

Oh i would slap my self LOL

I got a PC power and cooling 510watt ;)

[RIP]Zeus said:
Oh i would slap my self LOL

I got a PC power and cooling 510watt ;)

Good stuff, I can't wait until I have the cash for at LEAST their 510W...I'd drop the green for a 1kw if I could...just so I wouldn't have to buy a new PSU for a long long time. :)

You're one of the first people I've seen using fans on both sides of a rad[not counting single 120mm radiators].

Any significant increase in cooling? I'm thinking of going the same route with my dual 120 rad in my next mod.

Hinokagutsuchi said:
You're one of the first people I've seen using fans on both sides of a rad[not counting single 120mm radiators].

Any significant increase in cooling? I'm thinking of going the same route with my dual 120 rad in my next mod.

It can help...but you typically only notice a difference if you're using quiet/low flow fans. With the airblowers that're lined up for this project I really don't think there's going to be a lot of difference made...but oh well, it does look cooler, and can't hurt I suppose.

If you're thinking about it, it's not really worth it if you're going with a BIP rad or something similar and aren't obsessed with having dead silent fans on the rad.

Hinokagutsuchi said:

I'm doing it. Not sure if it helps, but it sure aint hurting. I run all the fans at 1k rpm so its nice and quiet.

Viper87227 said:
I'm doing it. Not sure if it helps, but it sure aint hurting. I run all the fans at 1k rpm so its nice and quiet.

You most likely could benefit from it with low-speed fans like that.

That thing should cool pretty well I would think, I've got a tri and dual set of Swiftech rads in my UFO. Keeps things nice and chilly............. :D

That beast is going to weight a lot when it's finished to......... ;)

Bio-Hazard said:
That beast is going to weight a lot when it's finished to......... ;)

Holy hell will it ever...I remember how much weight was added to my Lian-Li PC-60 when I had a single 120mm heatercore h2O loop installed...I can't even imagine the weight being added to either of those UFO's. :p

Like I'm one to talk...I'll have a double or triple rad setup just to cool the X850XT-PE and a 40lb+ phase change unit under my case...so I'll be up around 100lb easily. ;)

my old cube case weighed 30 LB empty... and over 80 with everything in it..

This new UFO i expect to lose around 20 to 40 lb on weight...

I got more pics and i will post in a little bit.. :D

Those look like delta fans. I think the whole point of water cooling is better perfomance and lower noise. Also m8 I might recommond a fan shroud you will get alot more perfomance with one. I hope you are using some sort of foam to dampin the noise. Good Luck and cant wait to see the finished product. :)

marquee said:
Those look like delta fans. I think the whole point of water cooling is better perfomance and lower noise. Also m8 I might recommond a fan shroud you will get alot more perfomance with one. I hope you are using some sort of foam to dampin the noise. Good Luck and cant wait to see the finished product. :)

What is neat about this Tri Rad, Is it has a built in shroud....

ALSO.... For everyone here and for future refrernce.... Noise does not bother me...

I will do whatever to get the BEST cooling.... besides vapo.... ;)

Noise is not a factor for me... I work in a data center with over 3500 Servers.... I have 5 servers myself and 3 gaming boxes.... My comp room is LOUD.... Noise does not bother me what so ever... So plz... do not tell me the noise level of these fans.... i also have 5 more on the way.... :D

What is neat about this Tri Rad, Is it has a built in shroud....

I think that maybe you have a different definition of the word shroud...this is what people are referring to (typically) when the bring up or recommend a shroud...your triple rad may or may not have something "build in"...but I can see open space that isn't being covered by the fans...and you are going to lose out a little (in terms of temps) due to that...but the excessive airflow you already have in place may make up for that...so we'll see.

Hopefully you can stand the noise of the system overall...it looks like you're a "fair" bit more tolerant then most of us. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
I think that maybe you have a different definition of the word shroud...this is what people are referring to (typically) when the bring up or recommend a shroud...your triple rad may or may not have something "build in"...but I can see open space that isn't being covered by the fans...and you are going to lose out a little (in terms of temps) due to that...but the excessive airflow you already have in place may make up for that...so we'll see.

Hopefully you can stand the noise of the system overall...it looks like you're a "fair" bit more tolerant then most of us. ;)

Ya the shroud is i would say built in... There is space between the fan the fins on the rad... i would say about half an inch... nothing huge... but it would be enough... and as for th gaps... ya i under what your coming from... but like you said i don't think it will be a problem with the mass amount of ait going in and out.. :D

[RIP]Zeus said:
Ya the shroud is i would say built in... There is space between the fan the fins on the rad... i would say about half an inch... nothing huge... but it would be enough... and as for th gaps... ya i under what your coming from... but like you said i don't think it will be a problem with the mass amount of ait going in and out.. :D

Yeah man, things should work out in the end...I just think that it could be/have been handled a little more efficiently. Nothing major though, because your current approach does give a much more "full boar" look. :cool:

For me i am not looking for quite and effecient... i am looking for THE BEST...hehe for water cooling atm :D

I guess i go little to far for some people... but for me this is normal... hell a bunch of my friends who do the same thing have just as loud systems... also to top it off... if i can't hear it.. it's not working LOL ;)

[RIP]Zeus said:
For me i am not looking for quite and effecient... i am looking for THE BEST...hehe for water cooling atm :D

I guess i go little to far for some people... but for me this is normal... hell a bunch of my friends who do the same thing have just as loud systems... also to top it off... if i can't hear it.. it's not working LOL ;)

Haha...interesting analogy. :p

hmmm i think you should put a peltier under that waterblock i bet you would get some awesome results with all that watercooling hehehe

brandinb said:
hmmm i think you should put a peltier under that waterblock i bet you would get some awesome results with all that watercooling hehehe

Gooooooood Idea......... :D

I will have to do research on it first before i go and buy one....

but thnx for the idea

[RIP]Zeus said:
Gooooooood Idea......... :D

I will have to do research on it first before i go and buy one....

but thnx for the idea

Surprised you hadn't thought of that...with the massive amount of heat that'll be able to be dissipated it might be worth it to you to pickup a Meanwell PSU and a Pelt to add to your project, it'd sure make things interesting.

Sorry about the lack of updates, Been really busy with work.

But i do have more pics for you... just need to get batteries for my camara :D

anyways i do have the machine up and running... just need to finish the last touches... little to messy right now...

I am also buying a few SUNBEAM RHEOBUS'S to clean the wiring up a bit... and also to bring the fan speed down when i'm talking to people in my comp room... :D

also 6 of these fans are not as loud as 2 92mm Tornado's...

Trust me... my AIR cooled machine has 2 of those and i hear it over my 6 120mm's

Buying a Rheobus for that machine as it is TO LOUD.... lol... never thought i would say that. :D

Anyways i will have batteries tomorrow.. and will post ASAP after work..

[RIP]Zeus said:
Sorry about the lack of updates, Been really busy with work.

But i do have more pics for you... just need to get batteries for my camara :D

anyways i do have the machine up and running... just need to finish the last touches... little to messy right now...

I am also buying a few SUNBEAM RHEOBUS'S to clean the wiring up a bit... and also to bring the fan speed down when i'm talking to people in my comp room... :D

also 6 of these fans are not as loud as 2 92mm Tornado's...

Trust me... my AIR cooled machine has 2 of those and i hear it over my 6 120mm's

Buying a Rheobus for that machine as it is TO LOUD.... lol... never thought i would say that. :D

Anyways i will have batteries tomorrow.. and will post ASAP after work..

Nice stuff....can't wait.

Back