Ugh, new build, problems with POST

Boyo

Gawd
Just got done with a new build. Everything is in place, I turned it on and I got a POST. But during the POST I got a message that no hard drive was detected. Right now I just have my OCZ SSD installed. Does it sound DOA, or is there something else I should be doing. Please help me.

Need more info,but I do not think it is DOA.
Does your board support IDE mode as well as AHCI
Which mode do you have on in the BIOS AHCI/IDE
What os you installing

OK. I set my BIOS to AHCI for SATA devices. Still, when I go into BIOS it only detects my CD-ROM drive. I moved the SSD SATA connection to my 6.0GB slot and in POST it detects the hard drive, but I can't find it in BIOS. My BIOS supports IDE and that is what it is reading the SSD drive as in POST.

I can't change that if I can't find the drive in BIOS though. What to do?

I am going to try and install Win 7 x64 if I get my drive to show up in BIOS. I am totally lost.

The SATA 6 Port is native, and I tried the SSD in my other system and it shows up.

In BIOS, when I set the boot priority I can see my CD-ROM drive and my SSD drive(although it shows up as IDE). Not sure why it won't work in the SATA 3 port. System can't detect it. And I don't know why my SSD is showing as IDE when I set all SATA to AHCI.

This is the weirdest thing. Any other suggestions?

OK. I have some news. I have found that so far the SSD will not show in any 3.0 port while the optical drive works on all ports (6x3.0, 2x6.0) on the mobo with IDE and AHCI enabled/disabled.

In BIOS the SSD only shows up in Boot Priority as 2nd boot device [IDE: OCZVERTEX2]. Setting to AHCI will not change the IDE setting in Boot Priority.

Still reading the manual for tips. Could still use your help. Thanks.

ok. Well I will just use the SATA 3 port for my SSD. Everything is set to AHCI in BIOS but it still reads IDE in Boot Priority. Weird to say the least. Thanks for the help, now on to my software install.

Well I have a new problem. I can't install Win 7 x64. I have all the right settings in Boot Priority and when I try and install Windows I get a message that reads: CD-ROM Boot Priority.. Boot Ready. Then nothing happens and I get another message that reads: Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device.

This has been one hell of a build so far. Any help?

If you have a spare drive, use that temporarily to see if it's a compatibility issue with the SSD or just your mobo/PC setup in general.

Thanks Danny Bui. I am finally up and running on the new rig. I really appreciate all the help guys.

Back