Uhm 6800 GT Help

IanSMK

Weaksauce
My 6800 gt in the bios is showing letters everywhere like its really messed up, i had a geforce2 in the pc b4 could it be mixing the two up or do i have to RMA... :(

Make sure you removed all traces of the old card. Uninstall use a driver utility to erase the old files (see the sticky post about it in this section) and then reinstall your driver. All else fails reinstall windows.

well right now the other computer is installing win xp fine, but this one didnt have xp on it from b4 its doing a fresh install, and it i am going to wait till thats up so i can take that little doodad that converts the usb keyboard to ps2 and try and see whats up in the mobo and reformat etc...but is this abnormal to see letters and numbers everywhere in bios? by the way there is less numbers and letters like none but some of the words arent being spelt out

not sure if this has to do with your other post?
Sounds like a driver issue

asus k8v delux, sata hdd, leadtech 6800 gt, amd 3400+, gig of corsiar

an antec true control 550... its the card...i got a messed up card, this is really depressing because ive had these computers for atleast a month, waited for gateway to send x800...got fed up with them and ordered these cards.. i guess me and my brother are going to have to wait AGAIN to play some games together... :( :( :(

oh and i know its messed up because i just switched in the other 6800 gt and it worked fine, no messed up anything

Back