UK PSU, will it work in USA (115-230v)?

Toytown

Gawd
Hi

Im moving to the states for a few months and looking at taking my computer over there, i tried checking up to see if my powersupply is compatible there or if i will have to bite the bullet and purchase another one.

The input range on the powersupply says 115-230V / 8-4a / 60-50hz.......my immediate thought was yeah it will work no problems. But then somebody mentioned it should be 110-230v..........obviously i dont want to blow the thing to bits, and its likely that during my first month i wont get time to be messing about with it, to add stuff or whatever.

Can anybody confirm it will be ok? If not can anybody give me the name of a place where i can purchase a relatively cheap (but not rubbish) one to see me through about 3 months, from a uk shop.

The power supply in question is Akasa Ultra Quiet 400W Paxpower, i did try looking through the forum but after 20 pages i couldnt see any info, i also tried a search but to no avail.

Thanx in advance :)

Nope, if it did i would have automatically assumed (maybe wrongly) that is was capable.

With the 115-230 volt range it will work fine in the US. More important than the voltage to your PSU blowing up is the amperage, and your PSU covers both 50-60hz, so it is designed to work in the US.

Back