Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5vi Earbuds w/ Mic + Button 59.99+ship, normally 169!

Just saw it off slickdeals, not as awesome as triplefi 10s for $99, but close!

Just saw it off slickdeals, not as awesome as triplefi 10s for $99, but close!

Yeah, wish I had gotten those, but those aren't popping up again anytime soon.

Lucky me I was actually going to purchase these earlier today but forgot, so right as I was about to shut up my MBP for bed, I checked and lo and behold, EPIC PRICING OMG!

Damn... why do the good deals almost always happen when I just don't have the money... ;)

So this has a mic that works with the iphone? The charts on the bottom say otherwise.

Yes, the 5vi set has a button/mic remote bud that functions for mic duties and playback control duties:

Voice Capability

Built-in High Performance Microphone and Control Button:
Easily switch between making calls and enjoying music and video on your iPhone or BlackBerry (with a 3.5 mm jack). Answer or end a call with the push of a button, or double-click the control button to advance between tracks.

The remote bud works on:

- the iPod touch 2nd and 3rd gen models (not 1st gen models)
- the iPhone 3GS

The iPhone 3G supports the mic, but not the playback controls (press once to Play/Pause, twice for Next, and three times for Back).

Got a pair for my gf's birthday, looks like the estimated shipping date is a couple weeks after the date though :p

Mine already shipped this morning.

Got mine today, a day early, just finally getting to listen to them, much nicer than my NuForce NE-7M's these are replacing (put them through the wash -.-). I was cross shopping between these and the NE-7M's way back when and the only killer on these was the price difference, it wasn't worth the difference and I'm not sure I'd have been as happy with them knowing now how close the NE-7M's were had I paid full price, but for 10$ more and shipping I'm happy now!

Button on these is much nicer than on my NE-7M's as well, very happy with it, haven't used the mic yet. I'm also reporting that as expected the button works with my new MBP as well as the NE-7M's did with my older model and for that matter, any headphones with the button.

Good job. "Found" some money in the bank today (after paying all the bills) and figured I could make the purchase but, of course now it's back up where it should be so, I missed out once again. :(

I checked this afternoon (Wednesday) and they were $139.99, just checked a few moments ago and they're $118.99 so, who knows, it might drop back down to that OP price once again. I'll keep the page open in Firefox and set to auto-reload every 10 minutes to keep an eye on it. ;)

Seems like Amazon is adopting Newegg's style of real-time price alterations: put an item up at an insanely low price, as soon as it starts getting a given amount of orders, it slowly starts ramping up in price in steps. Sucks but, supply and demand is how it's done.

It's not entirely Amazon with the prices changing, depends on who the seller is, not all items sold on Amazon are from them as a retailer, it's just a store front.

Mine just shipped, yay. Now my triplefi 10s can stay home safe and sound.

Mine just shipped, yay. Now my triplefi 10s can stay home safe and sound.

Jealous! I wish I had gotten in on that Triple.Fi 99$ deal.. even now. I'll keep my eyes peeled though for something similar. IEM's are just something I haven't spent a lot of time with, but headphones, full-size anyway are things I just love and enjoy so much and this 'head-space' kind of sound that IEM's provide a bit differently is something I hope to explore more and more in the future.

Yeah that was just me being weird and.. weird. God I love music and headphones and maybe I have this enjoyment especially of live performances and the feeling of really being there in the audience or next to the musician that other people don't see or feel or get when listening on headphones, but there's so much more to some of these recordings that I ever even imagined and I hope these IEM's that some of you guys have purchased along with myself on this deal really allow you guys to listen deeply to some of your favorite music and find something more to it and enjoy it that much more.

And now you should all go sign up at head-case.org and head-fi.org (less so head-fi cause the new forum sucks) and if you do, you'll meet a lot of people just like me that love music and exploring it.

And randomness still coming... I listened to BT's latest album 'These Hopeful Machines' in my room on my bed laying back with my girlfriend (via splitter off my amp), me with my A950's, her with my A900's and we just listened and danced in the dark through this same sound and music and it was so fun exploring and traveling with the music and imagining these places you would go.. god I sound like a stoner.. but it's just so fun, even if you all you do is share an earbud, have a close listen, enjoy your music and... ok I'm stopping now, I'm feeling weird and prophetic..

Ebay has the 10's all day long from a guy name celidog.He has them listed for 179.00.I know it isnt the $99 deal but it was the closest thing I could find to that.Bought a set for my girlfriends in-ear monitor set up.
She was super stoked that I bought them for her,all I told her was when she gets big she better remember me lol.

Ebay has the 10's all day long from a guy name celidog.He has them listed for 179.00.I know it isnt the $99 deal but it was the closest thing I could find to that

Thanks for posting even though off topic, I just ordered a pair from him and was so annoyed I missed the other deal. He now lists $189 for them but seems to take a best offer of the old price. Note they are USED and don't include all the ear plugs that comes originally so I'm heading over to complyfoam.com next. Can also order the standard ends from ultimateears.com which pushes through to a logitech site to place the order.

Back