Unable to update .net framework, help please!

Shadowssong

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, I'm working on my assembly homework and I've been trying to do it via xspim but for some reason it doesn't run my code properly so I am trying to use pcspim. When I start up pcspim it says you need .net framework 3.5 installed, I click to install .net framework and it downloads and starts installing and then I get this error:

"An error occurred while installing system components for PCSpim. Setup cannot continue until all system components have been successfully installs.
DETAILS:

Component .NET Framework 3.5 has failed to install with the following error message:
"Fatal error during installation. "

The following components failed to install:
- .NET Framework 3.5

See the setup log file located at 'C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD8.tmp\install.log' for more information."

The follow is the contents of the install.log file.

Code:
The following properties have been set:
Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = Intel {string}
Property: [VersionNT] = 5.1.3 {version}
Running checks for package 'Windows Installer 3.1', phase BuildList
The following properties have been set for package 'Windows Installer 3.1':
Running checks for command 'WindowsInstaller3_1\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe'
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionMsi' and value '3.1': true
Result of checks for command 'WindowsInstaller3_1\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe' is 'Bypass'
'Windows Installer 3.1' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Running checks for package '.NET Framework 3.5', phase BuildList
Reading value 'Install' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.5\1033'
Unable to read registry value
Not setting value for property 'DotNet35InstallSuccess'
The following properties have been set for package '.NET Framework 3.5':
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX35\dotNetFx35setup.exe'
Skipping ByPassIf because Property 'DotNet35InstallSuccess' was not defined
Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'AdminUser' and value 'false': false
Result of running operator 'ValueExists' on property 'Version9x': false
Result of running operator 'VersionLessThan' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.1.2': false
Result of running operator 'VersionEqualTo' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.2.0': false
Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'ProcessorArchitecture' and value 'IA64': false
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX35\dotNetFx35setup.exe' is 'Install'
'.NET Framework 3.5' RunCheck result: Install Needed
EULA for components '.NET Framework 3.5' was accepted.
Copying files to temporary directory "C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD8.tmp\"
Downloading files to "C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD8.tmp\"
(3/23/2010 6:27:05 PM) Downloading 'DotNetFX35\dotNetFx35setup.exe' from 'http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=97964' to 'C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD8.tmp\'
Download completed at 3/23/2010 6:27:08 PM
Verifying file integrity of C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD8.tmp\DotNetFX35\dotNetFx35setup.exe
WinVerifyTrust returned 0
File trusted
Running checks for package '.NET Framework 3.5', phase BeforePackage
Reading value 'Install' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.5\1033'
Unable to read registry value
Not setting value for property 'DotNet35InstallSuccess'
The following properties have been set for package '.NET Framework 3.5':
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX35\dotNetFx35setup.exe'
Skipping ByPassIf because Property 'DotNet35InstallSuccess' was not defined
Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'AdminUser' and value 'false': false
Result of running operator 'ValueExists' on property 'Version9x': false
Result of running operator 'VersionLessThan' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.1.2': false
Result of running operator 'VersionEqualTo' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.2.0': false
Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'ProcessorArchitecture' and value 'IA64': false
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX35\dotNetFx35setup.exe' is 'Install'
'.NET Framework 3.5' RunCheck result: Install Needed
Verifying file integrity of C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD8.tmp\DotNetFX35\dotNetFx35setup.exe
WinVerifyTrust returned 0
File trusted
Installing using command 'C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD8.tmp\DotNetFX35\dotNetFx35setup.exe' and parameters ' /lang:enu /passive /norestart'
Process exited with code 1603
Status of package '.NET Framework 3.5' after install is 'InstallFailed'

I am running windows xp sp3.
Can anyone help? I apparently really need to us PCSpim instead of xspim because it runs my code properly (I don't get this part either). Please please help, many thanks in advance!

Edit: Just thought I'd toss this in there. When I tried a different installer for .net 3.5
I got the windows send report/don't send report and this is what it said under what doe sthis report contain:

EventType : visualstudio8setup P1 : 35101
P2 : 3.5.30729.01_orcas_x86_net P3 : pr P4 : inst P5 : f
P6 : gencomp209 P7 : baseret_failure P8 : - P9 : 1603 P10 : -

Don't know if that helps, again thanks to any help.

Last edited:
Nevermind!!! I got spim working on linux, all i had to do was use the -mapped_io flag, therefore I have no use for pcspim, and therefore no use for updating .net framework. Thanks for lookin

Back