unable to use bios to o/c after installing easytune 6

the_transporter

Limp Gawd
System specs in signature.

Long story short, I installed Easytune 6 (probably my first mistake) chose level 3 o/c, which makes the CPU run at 4.1GHz. I wanted to get more out of it, so I used Easytune 6 to revert back to default clocks and then uninstalled it (easytune). I went to my bios and changed the multiplier to 45 and upped the voltage a bit. I saved everything in the bios, but my system is stuck at the default clock of 3.4GHz. I made the changes again in the bios, saved, and still the same thing.

Any idea on what to do here? It looks like it's using Easytune 6's settings, but I uninstalled the damn thing. Everytime I enter the bios, I see my own settings (45 multiplier, etc.), but my system refuses to use them.

probably changed the wrong setting or theres another setting you are missing. easy tune 6 shouldn't effect the bios level portion of the board.

last resort, reflash the bios should remove everything.. or changed to optized or non optimized default bios and try again.

Is on that gigabyte board? I don't know what the bios is like but I know I on my asus board I kept putting a multiplier in and on boot it would always be 3.4. I finally figure out that I have to hit enter when I do the multiplier. I couldn't just click into the box type 42 and click save/restart, I had to hit enter after the 42 other wise it didn't save the field. :p Might be whats going on here?

Yeah, it is the Gigabyte board - GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3.

I tried to load optimized and fail safe defaults and reapplying my settings again, but still the same issue.

The multiplier does say 45x when I am in the bios and when I re-enter the bios. I pressed enter when I entered the value. I am stumped. I am sure I have the 2500k, just checked the box again and a picture I took of the CPU before I installed it.

All I did was change multiplier to 45 and upped the voltage manually to 1.35 from Auto setting. That is it. Is there any other setting I need to do to make the 45x stick? I also disabled turbo boost. Does 45 multiplier mean to turbo boost to that? That's why I am seeing 33 still?

Installed F9 bios. I can o/c now. Multiplier changes are being picked up. Not sure what happened earlier. Thanks all for the suggestions, though.

Back