Undercover with NVIDIA’s Guerrilla Marketing Team

HardOCP News

[H] News
We can’t say who they are. We won’t say what they look like. But we can say they’re good at their job. As show attendees crowded into bars and night clubs, a team equipped with powerful projectors roamed the streets, throwing thirty-foot high images of SHIELD gameplay onto buildings around downtown Los Angeles. How do you tell the world about a gaming platform unlike any other amid the noise at the annual E3 video game conference at Los Angeles? You get creative.

And here I was thinking the article would be about the marketing team that posts on forums, and that directs reviewers! I am disappointed :p

HA!

Was thinking the same thing...

Oh well...

It's going to take more than guerrilla marketing to make people want to buy that turd.

And here I was thinking the article would be about the marketing team that posts on forums, and that directs reviewers! I am disappointed :p

I was thinking it was about the rather large AMD one, until I read the word "NVIDIA" in the title. They both do it though :p to a significant extent at that. AMD's been ferreted out numerous times, and we all know nVidia has their so-called "Focus Group" (aka community forum marketer) people.

The AR-based giveaway was pretty slick, and would help to convince people to wait to look at the display.

Why is it a 'turd'? You're not forced to play Android games if you don't want to do that. You can stream games from your PC to the Shield. I'm thinking on getting one.

http://kotaku.com/5981786/playing-borderlands-2-in-nvidias-project-shield

Because most people don't see any reason to spend $300 or whatever this device will cost in order to play their games on a clunky hand-held device with a tiny screen when their expensive gaming rig with the nice big monitor is right there. It's a one-trick pony.

Back