Underscan in Windows 7 over HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

astyler

Gawd
I'm using an absolute fresh install of Windows 7 RC 32bit. I installed Catalyst 9.7 drivers and CCC, and am sending the video+audio through HDMI to my 1080p TV. The image is coming up with what appears to be the default 15% underscan.

In CCC I cannot locate any options for Underscan. The only options affecting picture are in "Desktop Properties" and is only resolution, refresh rate, and orientation settings (and some color settings).

Anyone know if there's some way to eliminate the underscan in Windows 7? Manually edit a conf file or something?

(Monitor is on Dot-By-Dot, card is an HD4550)

Last edited:
Go to "Desktops and Displays" in the drop down menu then right click on your display and click "Configure..." then go to Scaling Options. The CCC is beyond retarded.

Go to "Desktops and Displays" in the drop down menu then right click on your display and click "Configure..." then go to Scaling Options. The CCC is beyond retarded.

Unfortunately when I right click my display the only options are: Identify, Rotate, and Properties. The properties takes me to the useless Resolution/Rotation menu. I heard it might not be an option in Windows 7 yet. If you're in 7, what version of CCC are you running?

Unfortunately when I right click my display the only options are: Identify, Rotate, and Properties. The properties takes me to the useless Resolution/Rotation menu. I heard it might not be an option in Windows 7 yet. If you're in 7, what version of CCC are you running?

I'm in Vista running 9.7.

There is a small image of monitor below the big one, just right click it and it will show, I agree that the recent change is odd as their is no logical way to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back