Unfixable corruption?

shadowbreaker513

[H]ard|Gawd
I've bee having some ongoing problems with my computer, mostly random reboots with the little Windows explanation thing coming up saying that it was a stop error caused by a device driver (For some reason that computer doesn't get blue screens). While it didn't say which one, I figured that it was the video card driver, as I also would get some wierd blinking and minor artifacting. I did yet another driver uninstall/reinstallation today, removing a driver version which seemed to give me more problems than most. Everything seemed to be working fine, and I booted up WoW. I had been playing for about 30min when it suddenly crashed back to the desktop (something that had coincided with an earlier crash) and said that a driver was the cause of the error. I rebooted WoW and it immediatly crashed again, saying that WoW.exe was corrupt. As soon as WoW crashed this second time, it took Ventrilo with it and that also crashed. About 15 seconds later, the entire computer went down. Twice it rebooted whenever it went to go to the account selection screen (Right after the loading screen with the green bar). I finally got into it in safe mode, and tried to do a system restore. The restore seemed to take an unusually long amount of time, and right at the end, a box came up saying that a critical Windows DLL had been corrupted and needed to be replaced from a backup copy or a reference of it. I couldn't read it fully as it crashed again within 1-2 seconds of this box appearing. Now I can't boot it up at all. When the "Select boot - Safe Mode/Boot Windows normally" comes up, it locks up whenever I click on boot normally, I can't even turn num lock on and off on the keyboard. If I go to boot into safe mode, I get a bit farther, but it goes through the usual output lines of things it is loading that it normally does, and then crashes once it gets to the end, the keyboard again unresponsive. This computer houses all of our music and it is what my dad uses to do bills and things, so a reformat would be crippling. Is that the only way to solve this problem? Or does it go deeper into a hardware issue?

I've been having some ongoing problems with my computer, mostly random reboots with the little Windows explanation thing coming up saying that it was a stop error caused by a device driver (For some reason that computer doesn't get blue screens). While it didn't say which one, I figured that it was the video card driver, as I also would get some wierd blinking and minor artifacting.

I did yet another driver uninstall/reinstallation today, removing a driver version which seemed to give me more problems than most. Everything seemed to be working fine, and I booted up WoW. I had been playing for about 30min when it suddenly crashed back to the desktop (something that had coincided with an earlier crash) and said that a driver was the cause of the error. I rebooted WoW and it immediatly crashed again, saying that WoW.exe was corrupt. As soon as WoW crashed this second time, it took Ventrilo with it and that also crashed. About 15 seconds later, the entire computer went down. Twice it rebooted whenever it went to go to the account selection screen (Right after the loading screen with the green bar).

I finally got into it in safe mode, and tried to do a system restore. The restore seemed to take an unusually long amount of time, and right at the end, a box came up saying that a critical Windows DLL had been corrupted and needed to be replaced from a backup copy or a reference of it. I couldn't read it fully as it crashed again within 1-2 seconds of this box appearing. Now I can't boot it up at all.

When the "Select boot - Safe Mode/Boot Windows normally" comes up, it locks up whenever I click on boot normally, I can't even turn num lock on and off on the keyboard. If I go to boot into safe mode, I get a bit farther, but it goes through the usual output lines of things it is loading that it normally does, and then crashes once it gets to the end, the keyboard again unresponsive.

This computer houses all of our music and it is what my dad uses to do bills and things, so a reformat would be crippling. Is that the only way to solve this problem? Or does it go deeper into a hardware issue?

Well I got it to boot up, fixed the system restore problem, and got it into windows. However, it still reboots itself after about 20 minutes or so. Software problem still? Or posssibly is the processor overheating?

Back