Uninstalling Windows media player

kennyc28

Gawd
How do I uninstall windows media player? I have tried under add/remove programs its not there at all and under program files there is no uninstall.exe
the player is corrupt and I need to reinstall it and I have the latest available version

If it's corrupt, just download the Media Player 10 and re-install it.

try going to windows components or system components w/e its called. you can remove it and probably reinstall and it will work fine. but may i suggest useing a diferent media player like winamp or something.

By "uninstalling" WMP under the Add/Remove Windows Components Menu, i think you're just removing access to it. In fact, there is no way to remove WMP completely. If you CLICK HERE, you can see Microsoft reaffirms this under section 2.4 of the article. And like the other guy, may I also suggest using an alternative media player, like VLC for instance. But, if you want, to stick to WMP, then just try installing the latest version of WMP without uninstalling the current.

sazabi is right I actually answered my own ? shortly after going to microsoft.com You cant just reinstall it you need to downgrade the version then reinstall

Back