United Offensive

The Saint

Gawd
Hya Guys........

I just picked up United Offensive.

Anybody out there that thinks that it's an OK expansion? I was expecting something more, to tell the truth.
There's no "sense of things" because it too fast paced.

Maybe its just me. :(

I like it so far. With everything maxed and no AA on it brings the system in my sig to it's knees in parts, there's just so much going on.

I still can't wait to get it. But it sounds like they went and tried to fix something that wasn't broke. ( in my opinion)

I like it a lot.
I'm at "The Battle of Bastogne" part just after fighting back German tanks and infantry.
It's fast paced in that you have to change from an M1 Garand to mutiple bazookas to sniper rifles without hesitation due to the large onslaught of advancing Germans, in the first part anyway.
I am enjoying it so far.
Playing it at 1024x 768 everything at the max setting except no AA or AF [old Ti 4200, see sig] looks good no slowdowns, nice explosions.
Playing on "regular" difficulty.

I had a real hard time with the original CoD. To hear that the expansion is even more fast paced is a real turn off. Call me a realism nut but I just can't take some of the levels in the first one. Having to destroy 5 on coming Tigers with panzerfausts with you little squad of 8 men. Having those panzerfausts completely destroy the Tiger with one hit, and reguardless where you shoot them is just dumb. I'm a WW2 buff and its hard for me to play a game that just isn't getting historical accuracy down. I'm not saying that it has to be totally realistic but adding touches like times where you have to fall back, realistic squad tactics, and realistic tank modeling would go far.

oh wow a realism gamer, guess you don't have much love for the sprint button either.

MP is hot!!!

oh man i love it, the sp ive played so far is alittle more fast paced, oh well i still enjoy it.

but the mp is awsome

The put in the Battle of Bastogne? That's pretty funny - when I played the original CoD I was watching Band of Brothers sort of at the same time and there were a lot of parellels (both being based on the 101st), so it's kind of clever that they added the Battle of the Bulge in the expansion. Someone over there must have liked Band of Brothers. :D

blindrocket said:
Brothers in Arms will be a game for you my friend! :D

It looks like a pretty sweet game. Hopefully it will appeal to stuck up realsim snabs like me. :D

BTW: Band of Brothers is a masterpeice of film.

Awesome game and is worth every penny. The smoke looks frigging real. And the second mission does bring Band of Brothers to mind.

Photorealistic smoke!

I heard this expansion has Respawning enemies in some parts. My Grandpa never mentioned that in his WW2 stories....

Movieesa said:
I heard this expansion has Respawning enemies in some parts. My Grandpa never mentioned that in his WW2 stories....

Also ask your grandfather if he saw men get up after being shot 16 times or picked up health and was magically healed. :p

Movieesa said:

Yep, that's what the reviews have been saying. I absolutely hate games with respawning enemies, it just a cheap way for devs to cover up their crappy AI. Anyone else remember how much this ruined Project IGI?

compare that smoke to the ground, and the surroundings, it looks a bit to out of place. Then it looks amazing for the engine there using.

LiquidX said:
Awesome game and is worth every penny. The smoke looks frigging real. And the second mission does bring Band of Brothers to mind.

Photorealistic smoke!

Just got it myself, looking forward to playing, and probably finishing it tonight.

I think people in Nam did use Quad damage, oh wait, is that just acid or something perhaps? Really, respawning enemies is so cheap, I think Halo was one of the few that didn't have this.

JBark said:
Yep, that's what the reviews have been saying. I absolutely hate games with respawning enemies, it just a cheap way for devs to cover up their crappy AI. Anyone else remember how much this ruined Project IGI?

Yeah, rest in pieces IGI :mad:

Did the original creaters of CoD make this Expansion or was it someone else?

Movieesa said:
I think people in Nam did use Quad damage, oh wait, is that just acid or something perhaps? Really, respawning enemies is so cheap, I think Halo was one of the few that didn't have this.

yeah. I'm an avid Halo lover. Mostly because we play it all the time over the network (via xbox).

Been trying to get some people from [H] to play on xbconnect, to no avail :(

I just got it, and really like it. Graphics are great at 1600x1200. Tho I don't care too much for the new bazooka. I guess because I'm not used to it.

I have not really seen continues respawns like some are saying. It justs seems like you have alot more enemys to deal with and they dont stay putt until you go get them like the first one. Its not as easy as the first one thats for sure where you could just stay back and kill all the enemys and thats it.

I played the demo... it was OK but I think the original (and the orginal's demos) were better. The car chase part of it was stupid.

i say if it's too easy or too short, jack up the settings to veteran. it get way longer and a shit load more fun that way :)

just got it... it seems harder than COD. i've had to die a few levels to figure out what scripted event i have to trigger, which guy i have to kill, etc.

and there are a LOT more guys. i agree with a previous poster, i don't think they respawn. there's just a lot of them and they're smarter about getting to the machine gun nests after you off their buddy :p

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
Yeah, rest in pieces IGI :mad:

Did the original creaters of CoD make this Expansion or was it someone else?

Grey Matter did it. I like them. If I recall they also did RTCW.

Sanitarium said:
Grey Matter did it. I like them. If I recall they also did RTCW.
Yep, Grey Matter did this CoD expansion. And yes, they also did Return to Castle Wolfenstein. They seem to be very familiar with Quake 3 engine.

I just played the demo as well, and I love it. Even though alot of it is scripted, its great fun. Its like you are in a movie(BoB maybe?:p). I might pick it up after a few weeks.

JeanClaude said:
I just played the demo as well, and I love it. Even though alot of it is scripted, its great fun. Its like you are in a movie(BoB maybe?:p). I might pick it up after a few weeks.
yeha the demo is awesome... im gonna pick it up when the price goes down

Back