Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

I just got the 2405 today and after taking it out of the box it's HUGE!!! now after 8 hours... it's getting small to me. *sigh* LoL I should have gotten that 37"

I just ordered a 2405FPW from Costco.com yesterday and was wondering if anyone had any real-world ship times from Costco.com for this or any other item. They say:

"Shipping and handling is included in the quoted price. The Preliminary Ship Date is 12-15 business days and represents the estimated time it takes to process your order and custom build your computer based on approved credit card purchase. The Preliminary Ship Date is not intended to provide you with an actual ship date."

..which is the same text they put for any other computer-related item. I think I read here somewhere that Costco.com doesn't ship Dell LCDs themselves, rather Dell ships them directly.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks. *F5s order status screen repeatedly. IN PROCESS? No!!*

Has anyone returned a 2405 to dell? Do they just give you a refurb 2405 or do they give you a 2407? Do they still manufacture 2405s?

still using mine as well, tho i have used a few 2407/08 and 3007

looking to upgrade to bigger screen 30" just not had time to demo anything in the past year tho i shall be keeping this till it dies

I've been using my 2405 since it was released. I don't really see the need to replace it other than if I wanted a different size.

Still using it today. I remember thinking 5 years ago there were really no good 24" solutions, but this was the best I was going to get at the time. Here we are today, and I don't think anything markedly better has come out. I will probably get a u2410 and another 2405 for eyefinity though.

Holy resurrection thread batman! :eek:

Yeah, still using it but the time has really come to buy a new one, the backlights (it's used every day for 8 hours, at the very least) are getting uneven and thus showing some dark spots here and there. But overall it was one of the best investments ever made. Right now I'm looking at the G2410, a very tempting 24" LED. Hopefully it'll also last another 5 years, just as faithfully as this one. :)

Yes, I still use this and the only thing I don't like is no SDHC support on the card reader

god almost 5 years ive had this screen possibly the longest ive owned and used for pc kit specialy for one i still use to game with

Hey guys,

I'm currently in the market for a 24" LCD with either an PVA or IPS panel so I checked my local Craigslist to see if there were any good deals on various monitors and I see a listing for this monitor. What would you guys say is fair market value for this monitor today? The seller describes it as "like new" and is asking $325. That seems a bit high to me for such an old monitor. I am curious as to what would be a good deal for this monitor.

Thanks for any input.

ive seen the 2405fpw go for around £95 on some uk based hardware sales forums but for little bit more than that you can get a better gaming wide screen monitor brand new. a few of current new ones have better input lagg than this one might be worht considering if you game heavily

I still have a 2405fpw. I don't think it's worth 325 however I'm not quite sure how much it is worth. I recently got 3x Hanns·G Hi-221DPB from newegg when they were 140 each. I'm still working on my eyefinity setup (I need the damned dongle :(). I ordered one and when I plugged it in I was impressed with how crisp it was for the price. Grant it I would say it has backlight bleeding problems but that doesn't concern me as much (also I can't use them vertically like I can my 2405).

I'd say it depends on what you will use it for. I code and prefer at least 2 monitors, I've also found that having a massive screen was great for games back in the day but now I prefer screens that aren't that large (less than 24) (grant it if I could afford 3x42" panasonics I would probably do that but that's a bit much). As Yaka mentioned, you could probably get a new display with better tech for around that or cheaper.

Thanks for the input. After some more due diligence on my part, I've decided to wait for a deal on a better newer monitor. Hopefully I can score a deal on the Dell U2410 or the soon to be released HP ZR24w.

Back