Unofficial UT3 Release Date - September 3rd

They have been so secretive about this game. I was a huge ut2k4 player so my interest in this game is high, but I just can't get excited off a few random screenshots every few months. They say it will be done when it's done and don't tell us crap about it, so I'll wait to get excited until i'm holding the game. Heck, I got more info on starcraft 2 in one day then i did on this game in a whole year.

They have been so secretive about this game. I was a huge ut2k4 player so my interest in this game is high, but I just can't get excited off a few random screenshots every few months. They say it will be done when it's done and don't tell us crap about it, so I'll wait to get excited until i'm holding the game. Heck, I got more info on starcraft 2 in one day then i did on this game in a whole year.

IMO that is a good thing. So now when I boot up the game for the first time I can go "OMG this looks fucking amazing" or whatever im impressed about. Having a crapload of screenshots out hypes the game too me. Knowing Epic and the Unreal history, im sure its going to be a great game so im not too worried about it.

sigh...you people still fall for this crap...

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=570995

Mark Rein said:
We don't know when the game will be released but it won't be ready in time for September 3rd. In addition the idea that we would release the game in the US and UK several weeks apart is just plain silly.

If it doesn't come from Epic then it's BS 100% of the time

Hopefully everyone will read this and end this thread right now.

A ploy by IGN to get page / banner hits? More likely. Epic is the only source I'd trust for a game release that has been pushed back more times than I can count on two hands. UT2007 anyone?

That's no biggie.. HL2 Ep2 should be out in October (knock on wood), so at least there will be something to do.

I know it's an Xbox mag that the article is from, but I'm concerned how much it is being "tailored" to Microsoft's console.

I did post a rather good rant about it on the beyond unreal forums, but fact is, Epic gives information, tech demos, gameplay demos, hell, anything and everything that has to do with UT3 to the console players. Okay, so maybe its "content" for the PC gamers too, but all the damn demos are played on consoles by a person who can't hit the broad side of a barn when he is point blank. It is rather pitiful really.

I've gotten to the point where i'm tired of being hyped towards UT3, and i'll spend my time playing Warhammer Online instead of UT3, which is being catered not only to the Console players, but also to the vehicle whores. Epic just leaves TDM out to dry out and rot away. (Just like UT2004!)

I don't think they're even working on it right now. It's probably being shelved while they fool with another title.

I wouldn't doubt that. Probably spending most of their resources on Gears of War 2.

I wouldn't doubt that. Probably spending most of their resources on Gears of War 2.

Obi_Kwiet said:
I don't think they're even working on it right now. It's probably being shelved while they fool with another title.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

riiiiiiiiiight...you must have insider information to confirm this right? oh you don't? big surprise...

Wow, it was a fucking joke.

Seriously man, take your head out of epic's ass once and a while.

Oh yeah, I do remember CliffyB's xbox live motto being "Emergence Day 8/0x/07" which implies something is due out August that deals with GoW. Besides, do you have any "insider information" to confirm that they are NOT doing what I posted? Exactly, big suprise...

When will these IDIOTS! stop posting stupid dates!!!

and when this date comes and goes they just say something like:

As you may already be aware, the UK release date for Enemy Territory: Quake Wars has changed to Aug-2007. Changes to release dates are relatively common in the videogames industry and are unfortunately beyond our control.

ok this is for QW (and the email I received todo with my preorder) but WTF!!!!
no release date was mentioned and how can it NOT be under their control... they came up with the stupid date!

ok rant over!

Wow, it was a fucking joke.

Seriously man, take your head out of epic's ass once and a while.

Oh yeah, I do remember CliffyB's xbox live motto being "Emergence Day 8/0x/07" which implies something is due out August that deals with GoW. Besides, do you have any "insider information" to confirm that they are NOT doing what I posted? Exactly, big suprise...

It's called supporting their game which just happens to be their best-seller in recent times why WOULDN'T they continue to support it? They did the same for UT2Kx and UT1 why would GoW be any different? Besides Epic has said before that they have two teams, one that works on UT3 and the other works on GoW. And let's not forget that hal (from Beyondunreal for those that don't know) actually has played the game on a PC no less so the game is playable which means they are working on it.

it's like you want to hate Epic for making money or something.

I did post a rather good rant about it on the beyond unreal forums, but fact is, Epic gives information, tech demos, gameplay demos, hell, anything and everything that has to do with UT3 to the console players. Okay, so maybe its "content" for the PC gamers too, but all the damn demos are played on consoles by a person who can't hit the broad side of a barn when he is point blank. It is rather pitiful really.

I've gotten to the point where i'm tired of being hyped towards UT3, and i'll spend my time playing Warhammer Online instead of UT3, which is being catered not only to the Console players, but also to the vehicle whores. Epic just leaves TDM out to dry out and rot away. (Just like UT2004!)
I don't have a huge problem with them not releasing much information. Like the previous poster said, it's nice because it doesn't ruin anything about the game for you. It will be a fresh experience when you get it and it helps keep the hype down. The problem I do have is if epic continues to ignore the competitive community. Hopefully the game doesn't turn out to be a graphical noobfest. That being said, I don't think they are leaving TDM out to dry so much as there is not much to innovate there other than hoping the weapon/gameplay balance is there and that the maps flow well.

Idiot? LOL

I didn't say it was official and I didn't say I believe it. I said "we can hope."

You people have some serious anger issues.

Wait, so you just told me that I have no proof on what I said (true, speculation)

And then you backup my statement.. instead of yours.

K?

Besides, Mark Rein has said that there is only around 50 people that work for Epic games, 25 people (more like 20,) doesn't seem like a large amount for a full size game. That is more like a mod team, not a full size game. That right there tells me why the game was renamed to UTIII (because their 2007 deadline they failed to meet.)

2 teams doesn't help your statement, it helps mine. They are spending the resources on GoW2. I never said that was a bad thing, I said that is why there is no information, and just small screenshots once a month, or a half page interview.

Agreed.

It's sad really.. there aren't too many developers out there who are PC first anymore. Epic is yet another that now seems more console focused. id and Valve are still PC focused, but I have a feeling that's more because of the failure of their respective games on consoles than anything else.

Wait, so you just told me that I have no proof on what I said (true, speculation)

And then you backup my statement.. instead of yours.

K?

all i said is that they are continuing to support their game, like they've done with every game in the UT series...how is that supporting your statement that all they care about is GoW/consoles?

Besides, Mark Rein has said that there is only around 50 people that work for Epic games, 25 people (more like 20,) doesn't seem like a large amount for a full size game. That is more like a mod team, not a full size game. That right there tells me why the game was renamed to UTIII (because their 2007 deadline they failed to meet.)

20 to 25 people is good enough for core team to make a game like UT3, but last i heard Epic had at least 70 people not to mention all of the contract workers they hire. As for changing the name to UT3, I would agree that it was because of the success of GoW and them wanting to sell the game on Xbox360 AND adding a robust single player experience as well. Don't get angry at them just because they want to make money, that's what a business does.

2 teams doesn't help your statement, it helps mine. They are spending the resources on GoW2. I never said that was a bad thing, I said that is why there is no information, and just small screenshots once a month, or a half page interview.

...and like i said before, i don't like the fact that they haven't released that much media either, but to say they are already working on a sequel (concept wise, sure i can see that, but full production?...no) is kind of ridiculous because GoW 1 hasn't even been out for a year yet.

Agreed.

It's sad really.. there aren't too many developers out there who are PC first anymore. Epic is yet another that now seems more console focused. id and Valve are still PC focused, but I have a feeling that's more because of the failure of their respective games on consoles than anything else.
It's not really sad, just companies trying to make the most out of their money. I would assume a company would rather spend most of their development time on the product that will sell the best. After gears of war, epic is probably realizing how profitable the console market is. It does suck for the PC gamers, but money talks :/

Well yeah, I don't mean it is sad for the individual companies. But I think it is a depressing trend overall as a PC gamer.

What is really depressing is that I know practically as much about SC2 as I do about UT3

And SC2 was announced like 2 weeks ago for the first time. I first learned about UT3 (saw demo whatevers) at the 2005 E3.

Yeah, that is depressing, even more so that the majority of the content information released is console based. Sure, let epic go where the money is, just wish they wouldn't forget their roots, and throw PC gamers a bone now an then.

Back